Thread: What is SUID file in Mac?

What is SUID file in Mac?

Hello,
    I've made the extra effort to clean install the whole system. Unfortunately I can not say I am happy with Leopard. I repaired permissions and got to read the lines I have never seen before. Can someone tell me what does it mean:

Code:
    Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    What is the error all about and what does the SUID file means. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: What is SUID file in Mac?

Did you have optimization software installed in addition to your operating system, Do some of the task such as Main Menu Maintenance, etc. For the Onyx also be responsible for such mistakes. Leopard is not ready to make these tools work without the system that collapses immediately and does strange things (it you are using it ) Apple has also had something written on the support page for Mac OS X 10.5 regarding the SUID file.

The following are the examples of the error message

Code:
    WARNING: SUID file "usr / libexec / load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.

WARNING: SUID file "System / Library / PrivateFrameworks / DiskManagement.framework / Versions / A / Resources / DiskManagementTool" has been modified and wil
    l not be repaired.

You can safely ignore these messages. In general, you can also ignore any message "ACL found but not claimed ...". These messages can occur if you modify the permissions on a file or directory. These messages are accurate, but generally should not cause concern.

One Tip
    If Mac OS X checks the permissions repaired or (better bring "the desired state"), takes up the Disk Utility to return a list of the permissions are listed for each file. Up to version 10.5 of the operating system, the utility uses to a list that is compiled from "receipt files in / Library / Receipts. Since Mac OS X 10.5, the mechanism is different: When you install a software note, the installation program, the names of all files and stores them together with the access rights in a database.

At least the results of the Disk Utility when you are spit out. It all started for me with the fact that the trash is no longer allowed to delete properly. In the following, then fell steadily from Mail and Safari, finally launched no longer the Finder on startup. The latter was at least partially resolve some of the repair permissions, so I am now at least be able to secure important data. Will now replace the system completely I am currently rather annoyed at Leopard, as I had so much trouble now Leopard in a month, I had before in my entire non-Mac time. System Maintenance programs I use either.

To solve the problem of slow iMacs, you should determine the internal hard disk
    as the startup volume.

1) Go into the Apple menu (top left) and select "System Preferences ..." from.
    2) Choose the "Startup Disk" from the internal hard disk and run once again.

You can sign up again if the problem persists with the speed.

Until it is booted, it took less than 30sec. At the moment I could not say whether he has become faster. I have still that problem with iTunes was trying to play music for some time and could not access my computer. I'm an user that is, I know not so good with technical terms and so on.