Thread: How to rename files on mac

How to rename files on mac

I am using mac OS X system, Basically i work is on only rename a file and folder in my office. So i want to know that can i change most of the files in the Finder, folder and disk names shortcut or any easy process. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to rename files on mac

You need to select the items you want to rename, then press Return. Because the Finder window sidebar item is a substitute, you can not re-name them. To change the name of sidebar items, please find the original item and rename it. Type the name. You can use the numbers and most symbols. Names can not contain a colon ( : ) or period (.) At the beginning. Some applications may not allow you to use the file name slash (/) and press Return key.

For exactly the same need, or almost, because I rename hundreds of photos of a deal, but unconnected with iPhoto, I use with any satisfaction Renamer4Mac, Which is unfortunately no longer free today. Fast, efficient nad can be reversed on error, we can see in advance the result of the change .

For those who are not very at ease with Automator the ultra powerful utility for Mac OS X here Renamer4Mac. It is a small handy application for renaming batches of files. It's simple and comprehensive enough to rename it like a pro hundreds of photos of the last anniversary. You need to download from the internet directly.

You need to use Ant Renamer that is a small utility overly free in 11 languages including english, which can do everything for you, namely, a group of files. It have also features:
    # Change the extension
    # Replace a string (this is where you replace any spaces with "_"
    # Insert a string
    # Move character
    # Delete several characters
    # Enumeration

You need to perform a manipulation that is to give a different name in your file. If you leave the default folder names, you will have several files with the same name untitled folder and a number that varies depending on the number of folders on the same site . That does not really recognize the files and customize.

smithshn Guest

As your mac OS to rename any file then press Return. The reason is that finder window sidebar item is a substitute, you can not re-name them. Type the name. To change the name of sidebar items, please find the original item and rename it. You can use the numbers and most symbols.

You need to use nameChanger that is the application that was missing in Mac OS X the sort who makes everyday easy. Free and very simple, lets NameChanger change the names of a series of files a round click. The main advantage is that NameChanger everything happens in one window. The changes are previewed in real time as you type. So you see what the future will look like BOM you want to apply to all of your files.