Thread: Sound issue on MAC OS X

Sound issue on MAC OS X

I have a little problem with sound on my Mac OS X 10.4.10 for some time. I am not able to hear sound in some case. I am also not getting sound from DVD Player, Itunes, and VLC. But when I play any online audio or video the sound comes out. I had already run a update for that. But nothing showed some progress. How to fix the sound problem in Mac system.

Re: Sound issue on MAC OS X

That might due to some audio settings. Some sound settings in your system is not properly configured due to which you are not getting properly sound output. But there is a proper solution for that. Go to Applications > and then click on Utilities. Now select Audio MIDI Setup section and set the audio output format or 44100.0Hz 48000.0Hz. Once done reboot your system and then check back.

I to have a serious problem with my macbook. It is just 2 months old and last night I had connected a desktop speakers which I purchased recently to the audio output. I played some songs but there was no sound. A red light is emitted from the headphone and when touching the buttons and there was beep sound when I press any key from the keyboard. This shows that sound only works when I plug headphones.

There is a trick that could possibly make the sound work. For that install and launch GarageBand. In that tool create a new file. Then play the same with GarageBand. If worked then you can try this tool for your audio output. Also check that weather all your sound settings are enabled. Sometime they are muted due to which you cannot hear sound in the system.

I had tried to fiddle around the settings to make the volume button work. I have a macbook and I had decrease or increase the sound via the keyboard. The sound does still work here. I am trying to chat with my friends on Skype but that does not seems to work here. The application shows transmitting sound but I cannot hear anything on my head phone.

The audio is red jack connected on an output extension. I have no sound on my macbook. A logo is displayed beneath the volume bar that appears when you go up or down the volume increases. I plugged a headset and once I took it out, red light, more sound without jack inserted into the socket. I think the jack is spoiled or there is some serious issue in the operating system related to sound.

There are some audio applications in your system which changes your default audio settings to a particular sample rate which too high for the system to produce sound. So to deal with that you will need to set that setting to default back. You can search for sample rate setting and then reduce the same to some extent. Try this in iTunes and Quicktime and then check back.