Thread: Mac System Preferences problem

Mac System Preferences problem

Hello
    The problem is that I no longer can open system preference (by all possible access path that I know) the applications seems that activate but nothing appears no and no error message and no request for password administrator I know it. I am using mac os x. This is really a wired problem. If you are getting a similar problem and have a solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Mac System Preferences problem

Hello,
    You have the installation disk and restore software that came with your Mac, which you do not give any details? If yes, you insert in your drive and you reboot, C key, which you will boot from this disk system. When you start looking you in the "Applications / Utilities" disk utility, you choose your HD, and you go into the menu and SOS at the bottom, you click on "Repair Disk Permissions" and you are done. After it has finished repairing you can access the system preferences.

I agree with the above post and would like to add ,as you have finished repairing the system, let it do it, when it's finished you go to the apple menu and you click on restart. You boot from your HD and you see what happens.If the problem is deeper, depending on what you could have done as wrong, you restart the installation disk and you go into the menu option, then you choose "Archive and Install you will have a pretty good while file system while new and the old will be renamed "Old System Folder" in which, eventually, you can go retrieve preferences and others.

You can try booting Windows in Safe Mode (you press and hold the Shift and up arrow) soon as you hear the booing from the start, when you go into your session, you will repair permissions (with Disk Utility), then you try to launch System Preferences. Whether it works or not, do not try anything else and am just a normal reboot, but if it works, it will be all good.

Since the problem occurs only on a user session, you've tried on a user session and pref system, it opens normally? it is possible that this session a panel of preferences system has been added and which blocks the opening. You must go in / users / theusr / Library / Preferences pane and see if there is modules preferences system. If yes, you take them out on the desktop and you try to open System Preferences application. If it works, is that one of the modules out because the crash. You put them back one by one until the culprit identify.

Just try this
    - System Preferences> Accounts: my account is authorized to administer this
    computer without parental control;
    - In Font Book: no police is disabled in Essential Fonts ;
    - Information in System Preferences and Key chain Access:

That their permissions are read-Wheel System + Everyone writing and reading (PS) and System Admin-read + write and read Everyone. If everything is running, and you did the last update 10.5.7 solely through the Software Update from the Apple menu, I'd do an update Combined : This would be my last option before I resolve to a resettlement Archive & Install.

In the System Preferences window, you can add or remove preferences created by other companies Apple. They are called preferences "third party" or "third party". For example you can use third-party preferences to customize settings for a third-party hardware device. Some third-party software using their own installer. They may also require an uninstaller to be completely removed from the system. Check the documentation included with the software and consult the manufacturer's website to obtain all necessary information.