Thread: Time Capsule Alternative

Time Capsule Alternative

I have watched time capsule for some time, but the comments suggest both like reaction like "good" and "don't buy".
    I search on the internet for time capsule, but I unable to find good result regarding the time capsule. Please give me proper suggestion. I prefer something that would fit with the iMac. Please suggest me Time Capsule Alternative.
    Thank you.

Re: Time Capsule Alternative

You have to use Drobo FS for your computer. The revolutionary Drobo FS was designed with one purpose in mind: to deliver the best file sharing experience ever. From the moment you plug it in and see it instantly appear on your desktop, you’ll know there’s nothing like it. Like all Drobo storage products, Drobo FS provides redundant data protection without the complexities of RAID. Just plug in your Drobo FS, and your data protection is all set up with no configuration required. We call this BeyondRAID™ technology. You’ll call it peace of mind.

Mozy is 100% automatic. You always have the most recent versions of your files in a safe online environment that you can access from anywhere. And Mozy is owned by Fortune 500 company EMC, so your files are protected for the long haul. Why don't you use Mozy.com to take backup of your computer. Mozy offers business-level features at consumer-friendly prices.

Use time machine to take backup of your computer. Never again worry about losing your digital files. Time Machine automatically saves up-to-date copies of everything on your Mac — photos, music, videos, documents, applications, and settings. If you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.

If you want to use Time Capsule for Time Machine? Or will you use it as a network drive? Or maybe you're just looking for a hard wired Time Machine? You can get the same function of the AEBS and a regular USB hard drive for Time Machine wireless or network drive. Or there are different solutions for different needs.

Use AirPort Extreme for your computer. Wireless network users demand two things: higher speeds and greater range. The AirPort Extreme Base Station delivers on both fronts and offers superfast wireless network access throughout just about any home, office, or classroom. Up to 50 people can all share the same Internet connection, exchange files using the file-sharing capability built into Mac OS X.

As per my knowledge use one of the following product for taking backup.
    1.AirPort Extreme
    2.Time Capsule
    3.Time machine