Thread: Two finger right click does not work on white macbook with snow leopard

Two finger right click does not work on white macbook with snow leopard

I have just upgraded my white macbook by installing snow leopard on it today and i am facing some problem after doing this. I have seen that the two finger right click does not work on it and there is only setting available for the two finger and then a click for right-click.
    When i was using leopard, It was working without any problem. Can anybody help me to solve it?

Re: Two finger right click does not work on white macbook with snow leopard

I have seen this kind of problem many time on my macbook which also has a snow leopard operating system. Actually i have not found any problem in it and nor i have got any solutions. I just disabled the function from the settings and then checked it again and my macbook have started working properly with the right click functions. I think you should try the same on your macbook.

I guess it should get solved after unchecking and then rechecking it again. I have searched for the same problem on many forums and have found that most of the people have solved their same problem by doing this settings again. Actually I do not have any idea because of which this malfunction could happen but i guess you should at least try doing the same as it might happen that your problem gets sorted out as well.

Me too was having the same right clicking issue on my white macbook but i have solved it. I hope it the solution would be helping you as well.
    You have to make a tick for the "Clicking" checkbox from the trackpad preferences which allows you to click by using the trackpad. Then the option given for the fingers right click changes so you only have to tap two fingers now and not using the clicking.

Dr. V Guest

Though i so not have much idea about the setting provided in the Snow Leopard but i think there might have gone something wrong while installing this operating system on your macbook so i recommend you to uninstall the current operating system from your macbook and then reinstall it. This would be giving you the fresh mac os and then you may try for the different settings on it.

It might happen that there would be something wrong with the touch pad itself. Actually you might have experienced it that these kind of problems have started after installing the snow leopard on your macbook but coincidentally it could be happen because of the touch pad. I think you should again try it by installing leopard again so that you can confirm that there is nothing wrong with your touch pad.

I think you have made some wrong settings on your macbook for tapping function. I have seen that many people selects for the "Tap to click" instead of selecting the "Secondary Tap".
    I suggest you to check for the same on your white macbook. Actually it might happen that the right click on would be having some problem just because of this function.