Thread: Macbook air wifi slow to connect after sleep

Macbook air wifi slow to connect after sleep

There is anyone her, any one considered on it or not but I figured out that my Macbook air consuming a large time to reconnect to my wifi network after just coming up from the sleep mode ? I wold tell that it consumes 10-15 seconds vs. where as, a macbook pro consumes less than 5 seconds.

It's not looking a huge deal, but I would tell that it is one of the minimum performance notebooks that I have used to reconnect to a wifi network. Actually, I am using a 1.8/SSD.

Re: Macbook air wifi slow to connect after sleep

The issue that you specified here is not actually the issue of about which you are thinking right now, By the way Welcome to the mysterious and imaging world of wireless networking and running with the Leopard. According to me, this is not the Macbook Air's bug. The issue is getting generated from the Leopard's side. If you choose to work with a MacBook or MacBook Pro or iMac or Mac mini with Leopard, it would be just as slow what you stated here .

I do, I am running with three Macbook Pros in which one is 15's and second one is 17" as well as the latest one which is recently released out passed week and it's significantly minimum performance to connect to my network after getting up from the sleep mode. I kept in a new Time Capsule yesterday with dedicated 5Ghz signal but after this operation the same result is getting generated and it's still in the same procedure.

Well.I think, It assumes that the Apple can make better in future firmware updates or software updates.

Dr. V Guest

In this case, different -2 questions are getting complained from the users someone are getting good convection and some of them are having the issue during connection. So you can't say that every user having macbook air can't get connect with fast procedure.

In my case, It is not as worst for me, but I figured something about this . On my Macbook pro within one second, it's get connected but on my macbook air , I have much more time to compete and issue the refresh, before it get connects.Commonly about three seconds or more than that, there's no any big deal between them.

Oh yeah , right I got the same situation and looked behind that where as everything is configured very well but no idea about this issue. this consumes more than or exact 5 to 10 seconds for establishing the connect and no any different Mac tools that I have consumes this long.

I was considering that if having an Airport Express / N router would support in such case. Since I am just working with the Linksys WRT54G.

I am also running with the similar issues with the Airport client on my Macbook pro . When I uncovered the lid and the screen illuminates, there are much time getting delay before the Airport client re-implement its connection in the respect to the router. While the Airport client is trying to detect the network, the allocated bars within the Airport icon on the menu bar light once within a single time from down to up before getting completely illuminated. Only then is the network connection reimplemented. In stark contrast, my iPad associated network client is fully connected to the network and available to move when I switch on the iPad.

I am not getting that's what you are saying as such problem with my Macbook air. I Just opened and close it always and you can say it is regular task at my house and perform on two separate networks. By the time I issued in my password and login, my network is connected. Check it out an find where you are lacking and post back the result what you are getting right now...