Thread: Mac - problem after migration time capsule

Mac - problem after migration time capsule

Hello,
    My new hard drive and first tests of returning a time capsule backup very difficult but finally I spend good since finally it worked almost. I got my applications running but all my records, files etc. are in a folder "users" macbook named (named after my old computer) that tells me I do not have the required permissions and when I go to system preferences-accounts, there is only one account that appears is the one I configured, I installed the new HDD. In summary, I can not find how to access the account Macbook repatriated. So,if you guys know how to solve this then please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Re: Mac - problem after migration time capsule

If you were passed by the utility "Restore System from Backup" by booting the installation DVD, you should immediately recover your data and account in the state where you had them left. It is done before installing, and without creating an account, and is fast (with a Capsule ethernet), flexible and usually effective. So you have a user folder that you can use after restoration.

Hi,
    Yes I agree with the above post, one more thing you can do is, Go back to System Preferences> Accounts, and create a new account by calling it the short name of the account from the old disk (write in small letters is the short name that appeared in the Finder sidebar):
    a window will appear to tell you that you already have a user folder by that name, and will ask if you want to select this folder to the new account. Hope this works for you.

I have tried to recover my data without reinstalling Mac os x at this stage but the backup did not appear. So I tried something else and I actually repair the disk on the time capsule so that it works but at this stage I had already reinstalled. When I go into accounts and that I create a new one with the name of the former, he said an account with that name already exists (which does NOT, however, in accounts) that's all. It leaves me no opportunity to validate even. Any more help is appreciated.

There are three ways to reinstall from an archive TM:
    - Utility "System Restore from a backup", which starts before installation;
    - Migration Assistant / settings that starts at the end of clean reinstallation, the screen "Do you have another Mac?" ;
    - The migration account launched by the application Migration Wizard can create an account after installation.

To resume your problem: you seem to have a problem with permissions on the User folder "macbook". So, it corrects the permissions or the account or you reinstall with the first two methods (and if you have repaired your disk Capsule, it should now work).

If you want to try to correct the permissions, things in the Users folder, look at the information file "macbook" to see its permissions, and back we describe. It may be enough simply to reset the permissions and ACLs the account (with the utility to reset the password for the install DVD). You have of course already repaired permissions and verified the disc reinstalled your Mac?

Hello,
    Reading "macbook" authorized staff (thus in "new") and inconspicuous in the folder System Preferences> Accounts make me raise an incomplete account folder: Navigate to your folder "macbook" It could miss these things. Then you can move the contents of "macbook" in "Torn", and then import it into "new" drip. Or, again, you can begin your recovery from zero: it will avoid many troubles finally, though not necessarily longer. (Unless you have restarted the Time Machine backups since you reinstalled) Or you can reboot with the DVD install to correct the permissions and ACL (unknown) with the utility to reset the password.