Thread: PDF File Can Be Resized?

PDF File Can Be Resized?

I am getting the problem of the resizing the scanned files which had the format of the PDF. I want to send some of the PDF files to my friend from email and all of that scanned files are in the format of the PDF. But, I am not able to attach them, so I need to resize them. If you have any details about it, then give me details for that. If you have any software or application detail available for that then give that to me.

Re: PDF File Can Be Resized?

You will simply able to resize the PDF file with the help of the different formulas and algorithms. It can be divided into the lossy and lossless algorithms depending on their working. If you are making use of the lossless algorithm then you will able to get the resizing without any loss in the document. It will contain the quality or the information as it is. Such type of algorithm is useful in the compressing application. It will simply help you by resizing and also by reducing the size of your document. If you are making use of the lossy algorithm then it will simply filter out the data and and remove some of the data from the document. And that data will get lost.

Make use of the Neevia PDFresize/scale and resize your PDF file. It is having features as below:
    • Support for page scaling or cropping;
    • Custom page size support;
    • Resize by page numbers and/or page ranges;
    • Support for constraining proportions during scaling;
    • Support for batch resizing;
    • Fully multi-threaded;
    • Linearization (Fast Web View) support;
    • PDF encryption support
    • Does NOT require any Adobe products;

You can use the following PDF Resizing applications and then solve your problem. Just use any of them and resize your pdf file :
    • Neevia PDFresize/scale
    • Free PDF Editor 1.3
    • Maple 13
    • PDF Page Resizer 2.0

You can try for the following solutions :
    • You can simply scan your document as any image format and then resize that image and then simply use that for your purpose.
    • You can scan that page as image and then resize that to the required and scan again as pdf. Use the Adobe CS for resizing.
    • Make use of the Neevia pdf and solve your problem.

It is quiet simple to resize your PDF file, as there are many more applications are available which can be used and solve your problem. You can use simply GUI application for your resizing problem and then you will able to resize your pdf file. You can use such applications and then by configuring then you will get the output as you want. Some of the applications will give you to resize your pdf file to the very less size.

Maple 13 will help you in this case. It is having features as below:
    1. The PDF document is formatted as it would appear if the Maple worksheet were printed.
    2. You can choose between exporting text:
      • In a graphical form that is suitable for publication.
      • As text, which offers smaller file size and lets readers perform searches when using a PDF viewer with search capabilities.
    3. Images, plots, and embedded components may be resized in the PDF file.