Thread: Windows 7: no auto rotating pictures

Windows 7: no auto rotating pictures

I utilize Nik and Adobe software to edit photos and presently utilize Nikon Transfer to import photos; these programs read the exif auto rotate information stored by my Nikon D80. My trouble is that while I view my pictures in Windows live photo gallery they are not auto rotated to portrait form, it has become obvious that these programs are not capable to read the exif information. I have attempted turning to portrait form in explorer and photo gallery just to find out that while I view these pictures in one more non Microsoft program which they relapse back to landscape form, I have as well utilized windows 7 autoplay to import pictures and they are rotate properly by means of windows 7 programs but not in other programs I utilize. Is there a present fix for this trouble?

Re: Windows 7: no auto rotating pictures

Few photo applications will exhibit an image as turned that is referred to as soft revolving by reading metadata on the picture itself. Even though the Photo Gallery turns photos on import utilizing this similar metadata, many times it does not as well turn all un-rotated pictures in their collection for them automatically, or as a minimum display the photos as turned like a few other applications do.

The cause that the Photo Gallery turns on import, but not later than that is because there are a number of applications which don't properly update the photo metadata later than rotating. This metadata is supposed to reproduce the state of the photo, but if the photo is turned with no updating this metadata, one more application utilizing this metadata to decide whether or not to rotate it will wrongly rotate the photo.

Later than searching numerous forums it seems that this is occurrence with additional people who are utilizing dissimilar programs, your clarification states while you import straight to photo gallery pictures are turned properly this is accurate. What occurs later than that is my additional programs will not turn on open so I after that perform a manual rotate to view only, I do not save the image I just view, now while I unlock the similar image in windows explorer or photo gallery the image reverts back to landscape mode.