Thread: Frozen cursor slow startup suddenly

Frozen cursor slow startup suddenly

I have been using a windows 7 since last few months but i would like to know why my windows starts slow. What happens is what whenever i try to start windows it takes quiet a long time rather than what it was taking before. Even my cursor remains frozen for sometime and it takes quiet a long time while startup. please help me in this matter

Re: Frozen cursor slow startup suddenly

Sounds like you have a number of applications installed and hence the startup takes a long time to start your desktop only. So you can get rid of the application by simply disabling all the startup programs or disabling the application which are not needed by you or you don't use the application.

Well, I' did not had the exactly same problem but it looks like a lot. Have you got any USB peripherals connected to your pc. If so, try to restart after disconnect all usb ...

For me it works like this .

If it's not that I'll get you advise to format or defragment but if you say it's a brand new pc is that the problem is elsewhere.

No, I already tried without the USB cable connected, the problem remains. As for the reformat, I recall that my pc is new and the installation of xp is as clean as a new pc should be i don't think that there is a virus or some malicious program. It would be better if you an explain me the method to disable the startup programs.

Procedure to disable startup programs

• Click the menu Start, then click Run.
    • Type msconfig directly into the search bar and press the Start menu by pressing [Enter].
    • In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
    • In the list, uncheck the programs you no longer wish to run at Windows startup.
    • Then click the button [OK] to save changes.
    • A window will ask you to reboot your PC, you do not have to do, but once you restart your PC, another window will appear to check the "Do not show this window and press OK to avoid This window appears every time you start your PC.

I would advice you to use the CCleaner application for managing the startup programs. Download and install CCleaner Slim .

Go to Tools and then Startup. Deactivate / Reactivate the programs you want: it is very much simple , the programs are not needed more often try disabling them only. Hope this helps.

You can run a blocked program, remove blocked startup programs again or ignore the notification.

1. Click the right mouse button on the Blocked startup programs icon in the notification area.
    2. Click Run blocked program, then click the name of the program you want to run. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, provide the password or confirmation.