Thread: Internet drops after some time in Windows 7

Internet drops after some time in Windows 7

I recently installed windows 7 on my computer and i have no problems with it but one. The problem is internet connects very well and after using the net for some time, internet connection drops. It doesn't disconnect, but all the internet services fail. When i try to disconnect and connect to my ISP again, it gets connected again but still cannot use the internet. At such time only one option works that is : Rebooting the computer. Can anyone help me sort this problem?

Re: Internet drops after some time in Windows 7

I too have the same problem. When i connect to the internet, after sometime internet connection shows connected but i cannot use internet anymore, all i have to do is reboot the computer to connect again. I don't even get any kind of error, warning or similar thing from windows. Internet just stops working. Help!

What type of internet connection do you use? Is it broadband dialup or some other type of internet? How do you dial to the ISP? This might be helpful in solving the problem. Also make sure that this is not the ISP problem so give them a call regarding your problem. Is this problem occuring now or from the day you installed windows 7?

I don't get any error from windows nor the internet connection gets disconnected, but still internet cannot be used once it stops working. I called up the ISP already and they said there is something wrong with my computer as they checked and none other users are having the same problem. Also this error is happening from the day one after installing windows 7. I use broadband and i use PPPoE dialing service to connect to the internet. Help!

Has anyone found a solution? I'm having the exact same issue and it's incredibly annoying. I don't get any errors and it appears connected when you walk up to the computer. The time before it disconnects is kind of random. The only thing that fixes my connection is rebooting. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting and that doesn't work. I'm using a Belkin Vision N1 and connected through wireless. I've played with all sorts of settings on the wireless card and it hasn't done anything to help.

Hi, I am having the same problem with the internet connection which drops after some time from the start up of Windows and it solved after the reboot when i restart the modem. Then i have called up my internet connection provider and asked about the same. So they have suggested me to check for the virus from there end everything was fine. I have checked for the Virus and removed the same after that till now my internet connection didn't dropped. I hope you will also get some help with the same.

Vulnerator Guest

I have had a similar problem. I found that this was due to my firewall, which at the time was zonealarm. To get internet working I had to uninstall zonealarm, and not just disable it.

Hope this helps!

turn network discover mode on sharing center, If u have another OS or another PC plug that connection and check...?

Delete the key found in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State

No More Disconnections.