Thread: Windows 7 doesn't open .exe files

Windows 7 doesn't open .exe files

Hi,

I've recently a strange problem with my PC. If I open any. Exe file download and open this I get the following error: C: \ ... \ program.exe is not a valid win32 application. I recently got Windows 7 on my PC, I do not know if this is what to do, but a while back worked so good (even on Windows 7). Subsisting. Exe files that are already installed I can open it, it runs only. Exe files I download. Please reply with any solution How to open .exe files in Windows 7 ?

Re: Windows 7 doesn't open .exe files

I was having problems with this. Let me explain this, I had downloaded the Video Editor tab in Firefox. I selected the save button then double click it and I clicked Run. I just leave all the custom installation options follow (ie nothing changed). what you do: Go to the C: folder, select the Users folder here, Select User, select whatever the user is (mine is just my name) and at this point simply selected videos, did all my films . That means you just try to change the location or logon with different user.

Some Windows 7 files might have been corrupt, try Windows 7 repair. Press F8 after the BIOS. The advantage is that Windows 7 does not require any repair CD or DVD. Does the repair console / repair partition is also no longer remain the way from the installation DVD to start. After selecting the language and keyboard layout to the next screen, click Repair your "computer" or "Repair your computer". Now, all the detected Windows installations appears. Here now we will select one and click Next. It will now offer 7 different Windows repair options: - Startup Repair - Home Repair
    Here is the Windows tries-7 Setup program will automatically find errors that prevent that Windows can be started. These are then also repaired the same.

Windows 7 in the protection and recovery system implemented using Volume Shadow Copy Service. In addition, the restore points are created on a schedule. For a point regularly monitors the Task Scheduler, which is a Microsoft Management Console Microsoft (MMC). Setting the verification and the creation of restore points are located in the folder Library Task Scheduler - Microsoft - Windows - SystemRestore. Run the job done every day at 00:00 and when you turn on your computer.

Try system restore points, it is a very useful tools for any Windows user. Thanks to them we can revert to a previous point the situation of avoiding and resolving computer problems with the spread of a virus or inadvertently deleted some files. It is something available in Windows Vista and earlier versions, but in the new Windows 7 features are more advanced.

You can also try CCleaner, it cleans your registry and your computer running faster, because the software analyzes selected areas of your PC and removes useless, and useless files. In the settings you can create custom folders to be cleaned up at startup. CCleaner offers even more options available, such as auto complete cleaning at every boot.

( windows 7 )

I stupidly downloaded a keylogger called refog to see what it was all about. the programme worked but after i could not open regedit or system restore or msconfig and windows media player for some reason. also any exe file i downloaded would not work.

I somehow got my got repair to work BEFORE windows loaded and systm restore managed to fix the problem before the time refog was downloaded. I did not press del to enter BIOS it was purly a fix system option, I think i was in safe mode.

If you want a keylogger then BUY it from a shop!

ZENON has the best advice
    Last edited by atco; 19-05-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: ZENON has the best advice