Thread: Windows 7 DCOM Services being terminated, forcing restarts

Windows 7 DCOM Services being terminated, forcing restarts

I have installed window 7 RC on it and it seemed to work fine. After build 7100, I am not able to play games which are older than the source engine. Currently I am running build 7600. Every successive build after that does the same thing.
    And then it crash, I get an annoying message displaying that.
    "The dcom service was terminated unexpectedly and windows must now restart"
    or the other message is something like this:

"The plug and play service was terminated unexpectedly... etc"
    After that computer just reboots, and cannot do anything to stop that. Thus I want to know why Windows 7 DCOM Services are being terminated and then the system restarts.

Re: Windows 7 DCOM Services being terminated, forcing restarts

I am also getting same error but it is when I am playing GTA 4 game. Here is what I am trying to do. I have installed the game played a small part till where I am saving main character’s cousin from the two money sharks. The problem start shortly after that, GTA 4 freezes and then it crash the desktop after that I get the same error message and the computer system reboots.

Try to do following thing may be these will be helpful.
    1. Try to reformat the computer system and then again install window 7 RC
    2. Try to disable crossfire.
    3. Try to run at the stock or the default settings
    4. Try to disable shadows.
    5. Finally you can go for the latest updated patch.

May there is problem with the window 7 installation disc you are having. Try to install it on other machine and check whether the same thing happens. Make sure that you have updated patch 1.3 or 1.4. Sometimes window 7 gives the pop ups displaying that “keep blocking or unblocking the service.” If you are getting such messages they should press ALT+ TAB for minimizing GTA or any other application you are running and then check whether the windows is displaying the unblock message or not.

Thanks for the reply but I am on the latest patch that I have downloaded from GTA website. I have checked for everything and there are no other pop up messages displaying anything else. The screen just flashes and brings me back to the desktop and displaying me that the computer is rebooting.
    One more thing I am not having another computer system to check the installation disk on other system.

I am also getting the similar crash problem today. But I have found the solution for this problem. For solving this problem I have done two things
    First I have enabled the cool n quiet I know that it has nothing to do with it but I have done for the safety purpose since it is a heat problem.
    Then I have installed and ran the AMD fusion utilities for games. This program is meant for disabling a lot of programs, such as plug and play management system.
    I am not sure that it will helpful to you but it worked for me.

This problem has carried to the released version the only time it will not happen when I was running original beta version. Till now I have gathered that it will come down to the RPCRT4.dll after doing the endless reading. I have discovered the power, plug and play and dcome services all are grouped in one of the svchost's. I am going to try one more thing and that is installing without windows update doing anything.