Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 "UP button"

Operating Systems

Old 15-05-2010

Windows 7 "UP button"

Hello guys, I am new user to Windows 7 operating system. I was using Windows XP previously and I have become quite used to it. The problem that I have found is that there is no Windows 7 "UP button". This button was used to go back from the current folder. Since, I am addicted to it, I am finding it very unusual to work with this new Windows 7. So, if anyone knows how to get the same, then please let me know about the same.

I am waiting for suitable replies and suggestions on this topic.

Old 15-05-2010

Re: Windows 7 "UP button"

Hello there, I suppose that you will have to get used to this new interface of the Windows 7 operating system. This is because there is no way to get the Windows 7 "UP button" because the operating system is not designed in a manner as to get that button. It has to be noted that this button was removed since Windows Vista and this has continued in Windows 7 too.
Old 15-05-2010

There is a method to get rid of the uncomfortableness even if the Windows 7 "UP button" is unavailable. If you do not know, I want to make you aware that the backspace key can also be used to go out of the current folder. So, you can use this key as an alternative for the up button. I am used to the same and thus, I can assure you that you will feel much more comfortable with this key, rather than the up button.
Old 15-05-2010

It is required that you must search the internet for ant third party application or software for the Windows 7 "UP button". This is the only technique that can help you to install the extra button into the system. Also, there is no chance that any built-in method can help you in this situation. If no application or software is present, then hard luck. You will have to work with the system in the way it is.
I wish you good luck.
Old 15-05-2010

The alternative that I am using in the place of the Windows 7 "UP button" is the address bar and the frame that is provided in the left side of the window. Inorder to go into the previous folder, one just has to click on the name, that is before the current folder name. Also, go into a totally different drive, the frame can be used. It can take you directly to the drive that you click on.
Old 17-05-2010

When new versions of any applications or operating systems are released, the looks are always changed and the users have to get used with the new looks. This is because there is no other option for the users. I am sure that the Windows 7 "UP button" is unavailable and you will have to get to using with the current interface, if any third party application is not available for this button.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,