Thread: safe mode boot stops on isapnp.sys

safe mode boot stops on isapnp.sys

I start my machine in safe mode, and it gets stop/hang on ispnp.sys. I tried to plug my hard drive with another computer, and replaced that file, and also the one that received after it named as pciide.sys, (the modified date and time matched the date of the previous sys), and it still hangs on ispnp.sys. I have already stored some images and other important stuff that I don't want to lose.

When I copied the two sys files, I used a connector cable, and also tried to copy my entire pictures and other stuff but it will not let me retrieve my Documents and desktop because I have already configured a password on the old computer; maybe some of you are aware about how to bypass that? I am not sure that how I to put the password.

Re: safe mode boot stops on isapnp.sys

In this situation, You require to to have the ownership of the folder to retrieve the files from the other system. This can solve your issue and if you are getting any issues then let me know.

And tell me something,what happens when you try to start your machine in normal mode? If it restarts, then you should try to Disable automatic restart on system failure option from the Advanced Options Menu and provide the Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only) option a try as well as Debugging Mode...

How to take ownership of a folder

To have the ownership of a folder,you have to follow the steps given as follows :

1. Make a right-click on the folder that you need to take ownership of, and then select Properties of the folder.
    2. Click on the Security tab and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).
    3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
    4. From the Name list, click on your user name, or click on Administrator if you are already logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you need to have ownership of the stuffs in the folder,choose the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    5. Click OK, and then click Yes when you got the message below :
    You do not have access to read the stuffs of directory folder name. Do you need to replace the directory access with access granting you whole Control?

6. Click on OK, and then readjust the permissions and security configurations that you need for the directory and its stuff.

I am also suffering with the same issue and have been battling it for a long time and find myself unable to solve it. I tried to put new isapnp.sys file on the sa
    me location and also worked with the repair option using XP Disk. Do you all have any other advice regrading this issue . I am running with more and more preloaded programs that works with the several hardware elements. Bought with all the bells and whistles so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time.

When I start windows in normal mode, it just stops loading at the moment with a blank/black screen, so that is why I started the same procedure in safe mode to find out what going to be happens.

I am unable to follow the steps in the suggested post in which ownership of a file is described . It says,

From the Name list, click on your user name, or click on Administrator if you are already logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you need to have ownership of the stuffs in the folder,choose the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    I am unable to click on the desired username. It doesn't let me do that ; it's such as clicking on one of the users is blocked. I am not getting any option to add a user, either. As a note, I log into that hard drive using a cable that on one side it has a SATA connection, and on different a USB drive. I look at the stuff of that hard drive as if it was an external drive, or a huge flash drive. I can move to access the windows files, but when I try to browse the files in E:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME, then to desktop or my documents under that username, it does not let me retrieve it, as I had a password configured for that username. When I try to move to the folder's properties and to security=>advanced, then owner, and try to change the owner to the username that I use to log into the machine that works (from where I am looking at the destroyed hard drive), I committed apply, but when I try to retrieve that folder again , the same thing getting again "you do not currently have permission to access this folder."