Thread: "No Audio Device" Windows XP first install

"No Audio Device" Windows XP first install

Hello friends,

I recently installed windows XP operating system on my computer. Before that I had windows 2000 on my computer. But after installation of windows XP, whenever I try to play music file I immediately get message saying that 'No Audio Device is detected'. I a not getting why I am getting this problem while playing music. If you know any solution over this issue then please let me know that.

Re: "No Audio Device" Windows XP first install

I think you have not installed the audio drivers on your system and because of that you are getting problem whenever you try to play any media file. I recommend you to first install the audio driver as per your operating system and then restart you computer system. I hope this solution will definitely resolve your audio issue.

According to me you have not properly installed the windows XP operating system on your computer. I think you should reinstall the windows XP with new installation file. I was also getting same problem with windows XP and I tired this solution. Surprisingly this worked for me, so I suggest you to try with this solution.

Hi friends,

I am also having similar problem with my system. I am also getting same message while playing any audio file. But thing is that the 'realtek HD Audio manager icon' icon is appears on the startup icon. So I ma totally confused with this issue of my system. I think there is no issues with audio driver of my system. If you know any solution other than this, then share it me.

I suggest you to configure the audio setting of your computer system. I think you might have mistakenly did some modification in the audio setting and hat generating problem while playing any media file. I don't know the exact procedure for this, but you can use the utility named as 'Sounds and audio setting' from the control panel.

I think you need to refer following solutions:
    • Reinstall the audio drivers.
    • Configure the audio setting from the control panel.
    • Reinstall your windows XP os.