Thread: Problem with mouse cursor in XP, ATI 5770

Problem with mouse cursor in XP, ATI 5770

I have recently bought the computer Intel Core i5 750 ,ATI 5770 with two monitors, but I am facing problem with screen flickering, and I am sure that it is caused by infant 5770 drivers. The problem is been reported for window xp. The cursor magnifies sometimes on one screen and sometimes on both the screens. Anybody else has faced this similar problem in any of the operating system. And if anybody has fixed this problem of mouse cursor in XP is then please share the knowledge.

Re: Problem with mouse cursor in XP, ATI 5770

I just want to know why you are running window xp on your machine. Because you cannot take the advantage of dx11 on there and it is probably a 32 bit version of window XP so you will be able to use only 3.25 gigabyte of memory. I will suggest you to upgrade it to window 7 and then check whether the problem is solved or not.

Well I am really found of window xp compared to window 7 and does not need more than 3.25 gigabytes of memory but I am having 4 gigabyte of RAM on my system. You are correct on the point that I am having a 32 bit version of window xp but I have tried to install a 64 bit version but I was facing problem during the installation of drivers. If you have any other suggestions please reply.

I also facing similar problem in window 7 64 bit. First I was facing the problem with the resolution but after that I have installed the latest drivers for solving the problem. Now that problem is resolved but these new drivers are not able to fix the cursor problem. I think this is the problem with 5700/5800 series cards, because my friend who is using cards of this series is also facing the similar problem.

Just want to say, currently I am using 10.1 on window 7 ultimate and I was facing the same issue. Here is the way through which I have fixed it.
    Go to control panel and then to the mouse section. After that go to the pointer option then tick display pointer trail and after that drag slider to left. Doing this you will see a little bit of trail but it is better compared to annoying mouse.

My mouse cursor icon turns into a bunch of horizontal lines that extend the height of the real icon with few color of the original. When I set the game to hardware cursor the game in mouse cursor will do the same, looks like the group of vertical lines. If it is not locking up, the icon may not fix itself by moving the mouse over other stuffs. I have also tried to change the screen resolution but no result.

It is significance noting that I have not faced this problem in the Beta, but this problem occurred in the in the RC. Currently I am using the latest drivers for providing ATI for my video card certified for the window 7 and the default mouse drivers. I hope this will help, you just have to update the mouse drivers