Thread: What is nSvcAppFlt.exe?

What is nSvcAppFlt.exe?

This is not the first time I have noticed that I am having 8 gigabytes of RAM in my computer system. According to the gadget I am having less than two gigabyte left for the other use. Hence I have opened the windows task manager and then observer the processes that are running. Surprisingly the top one is nSvcAppFlt.exe and it is utilizing 2,026,720 K. Basically I am not having any idea why this process is consuming so much amount of memory and the next thing is that what this process is doing in my computer system. If anybody has any idea related to nSvcAppFlt.exe then please let me know about it.

Re: What is nSvcAppFlt.exe?

Before giving any related reply I just need to know that when you have installed the drivers for the motherboard, did you have marked “Yes” to the question which is something like:

Do you want to install the Network Access Manager?
    Or anything which is similar to that, because if you have done so than the process is consumed by the Nvidia network access manager. You just need to uninstall it from add remove panel of windows.

This nSvcAppFlt.exe is related to the Nvidia network access manager that is the part of Nvidia firewall that is used on some Asus motherboards. According me this process should not be removed from your system because this process ensures the security of the system. But I do not know why this process is consuming that much amount of memory on your computer system.

This file nSvcAppFlt.exe is located in the subfolder of "C:\Program Files", the approximate file size on windows XP is around 139,264 bytes. I am sure for that this is not a windows file so it will solely depend on you whether to remove this file from your system or not. If this nSvcAppFlt.exe is consuming a lot of memory of your computer system then it will be better to remove it as it is not a windows system file and it will not affect your system.

If you are unable to remove this file from add remove panel then you can follow this for removing it.
    Search for the following regedit keys.

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Note: third one is only for window 7.

nSvcAppFlt.exe is running in the background, but I have also notices some other Nvidia based video cards that does not have it. But this nSvcAppFlt.exe is conflicting with my zone alarm software. Hence I need to get rid of this nSvcAppFlt.exe. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you are not aware that you have installed the nvidia firewall. The thing you are getting this error because of the nvidia firewall that you have installed by mistake. This firewall is not good in any manner. The only thing that I can suggest is to get rid of this firewall as soon as possible. Because both the firewall are conflicting with each other .

pcs365_12 Guest

idea Re: What is nSvcAppFlt.exe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoczky View Post
    This is not the first time I have noticed that I am having 8 gigabytes of RAM in my computer system. According to the gadget I am having less than two gigabyte left for the other use. Hence I have opened the windows task manager and then observer the processes that are running. Surprisingly the top one is nSvcAppFlt.exe and it is utilizing 2,026,720 K. Basically I am not having any idea why this process is consuming so much amount of memory and the next thing is that what this process is doing in my computer system. If anybody has any idea related to nSvcAppFlt.exe then please let me know about it.
    Hi,
    Buddy R u a gamer or something who uses separate graphics card like nvidia? Coz your sys is using a process called nvidia network access manager. So if you are activating any gaming profile to play on the network, this process will come up....I hope that should be cooling your nerves...!!!