Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error: %appdata% in Windows 7 while installing MSN

Operating Systems

Old 14-05-2010

Error: %appdata% in Windows 7 while installing MSN

hello everyone....

im mark anthony from the philippines....23 years old...
i decided to join this forum because im having a lot of problems dealing with windows 7...
uhmm...
can i ask questions here???coz i dont know where to put my thread...

hers my question...:
my OS is Win 7... everytime i want to install or download something i've encountered a problem...

error: %appdata% i can't install MSN,SKype and adobe photoshop/cs3

what should i do guys...

thanks..hope you can help me...

Old 14-05-2010
Super Moderator

Re: Error: %appdata% in Windows 7 while installing MSN

Welcome to Techarena Forum madmagier. It will be very enjoyable to assist you. Techarena will offer you a more creative approach towards you interest. Our detail orientation and skills will help to free you to deal with all smaller and larger issues. I hope that you will get maximum solution from our site related to your queries. Please post your queries in proper category. You can browse our sections and get more informative guides, articles, free downloads and threads. I really appreciate you time and will be awaiting for your forward queries.
Old 14-05-2010
Dr. V

This can be a firewall issue on your system. Did you have any antivirus protection in your system like Symatec or ZoneAlarm. Or your UAC is enabled. This security application are causing the error in your system. Try to first run the setup of the same in Administrator account. Go to the official site of Microsoft and download the fresh copy of the same.
Old 14-05-2010

thanks...

but what do you mean by copy the same...

my anti virus is eset nod32....

my friend told me that windows 7 usually encounter this problems....

what do you think should i change my OS to XP???

more help guys....
Old 14-05-2010

I dont think you need to go back to Windows Xp. Try some troubleshoot and i hope it will fix the error. This problem may occur if one of the subkeys of the following registry contains an incorrect parameter:
Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
Click Start, click Run, type Regedit.exe, and then click OK.
Locate the registry subkey and select the following:
Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
In the right pane, verify that the values are the same as those shown in the table. To see the table click here.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,