Thread: IRC Bouncer (BNC) for windows

IRC Bouncer (BNC) for windows

Hello everyone.

Well now, I just installed NCB on my Debian, and in fact, I would like to know how to acquire (create?) a virtualhost. I do not really know what it is in fact (I have a less idea) but I would like to create one with my machine and host it. So I do not know if this is possible but if it is the AC would be great. Otherwise what do you think NBC security level.?? Please help me me suggesting some solutions.

Re: IRC Bouncer (BNC) for windows

Have you installed any software BNC? Otherwise, what you want to do is not possible vhost must be one of the hosts of the machine that harbored the BNC out whether it was a personal computer connected to the Net through an ISP traditional, you got the IP. This could be the result of host assigned by your ISP.

To my knowledge, only Free can customize this host. In short, this is not for you to do but to your ISP, and in this case, the NLC will not do you anything because you would have the same host without using BNC. Otherwise, security level, SAR, especially if it is local, it must ensure it is current, and has an authentication password (I tried a BNC without authentication, one day I 've discovered that 30 other people were using it).

Well, I'm using free, so how to know it. In fact I use a debian server with which I set psyBNC, so I want to connect to IRC via this server with windows like that happen when I disconnect from IRC with mIRC under win, and well serv s 'takes to keep me connected to the IRC server. So what is this host assigned by the ISP and how to get it? Hoping that you continue to help.!!

Dr. V Guest

You can have look on these :
    First: http://adsl.free.en/admin/ip_fix.html (if not already done)
    then: http://adsl.free.en/admin/reverse.html
    Here you can have two types of hosts: one provides for free which you choose the first part ([myhost]. Hd.free.en), or a character, but why should this point to host your static IP, it must be a domain name that you bought (that's what I use for my servers) or a redirector, gender dyndns or noip.

You should probably look for a VNC server and not NBC. It's not a server a BNC is a small program you install Linux so therefore your shell that allows you to connect you and the remains connected to your server. You returned by ssh on your machine through putting ip then login and pass. You extract your psybnc :
    tar zxvf psyBNC2.3.2-7.tar.gz

After you start try the following command :
    Code:
    cd / home / your-account / psybnc 
    . / Psybnc
    Remember to replace your account by yours.

After you extract the psyBNC. You enter the folder (cd psybnc). Then you compile. Make a series of questions you will be asked (Country Name, Organization Name, etc...). Then you among the config (pico psybnc.conf) or nano psybnc.conf, depending. You change your port (for the custom) and afterward ctrl + x (you save the psybnc). Then you open your mIRC you connect to the ip with the port that you configure!!! Hope it helps you..