Thread: LuCallproxy.exe

LuCallproxy.exe

I am running Windows Vista 32 bit on my computer. I have noticed from a long time that my system is running too slow. I have tried to delete temporary internet folder, histories, cookies etc but that didn't helped. I then ran my antivirus software which is Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it says no infection found. I have 2 GB of RAM installed on my computer and so that shouldn't be memory issues. When I go to Windows Task Manager, I can see LuCallproxy.exe occupying a lot of system resources. Under "user name" it is shown as System. So I think that is used by system. Thus I am scared to end it from Task Manager. Can you suggest me what should I do now? Is LuCallproxy.exe required to be running on your system? Can I stop it? Will this harm my computer somehow?

Re: LuCallproxy.exe

Did you tried CCLEANER? Download CCLEANER and save it on your desktop. Look into the setup file’s location, and double click on the setup file. Follow the instructions. Once done, right-click on the recycle bin and select either "Open" or "Run CCleaner." If that doesn't help then you can also try "scandisk" to fix bad sectors in your hard drives.

Don't worry, LuCallproxy.exe is not a virus or any such kind of malware. CallBack Proxy module is basically the update file of Symantec. Symantec has designed it in such a way that if there are too many updates that should be carried out which could consume a lot of users time, then in such case it will divide itself into smaller parts in which each process corresponds to a particular update file. It may consume a lot of system memory but don't worry that may happen due to slow server response or something like that. You can stop it or pause it as per your convenience.

Yeah windows_user is correct. Lucallproxy.exe and LUCOMS~1.EXE are some of the process that are part of Symantec security solutions. It is, generally, associated with Live Updates. Since how long you are using Symantec Endpoint Protection? You didn't noticed it before? Did you recently installed something and then you faced such slow system performance? Computer slowness can be the result of many problems. There is no single reason for that.

The main reasons for slow system performance on Windows Vista are:

- Offline files are enabled on the computer.
    - Some offline files are cached on the your computer.

You can try turning off the Vista Aero because I think your graphics are too slow to support that. Once more thing, did you tried to run Disk Cleanup? If not then do that. It will help you a lot.