Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Debian - Compiz video problem

Operating Systems

Old 13-05-2010

Debian - Compiz video problem

Hello,
I have recently installed Compiz on my Lenny. I was advised to add this below line to my xorg.conf file
Code:
Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
Everything has become more fluid, but when I look at the chains of Orange via Mediaplayer Webtvorange, the screen the player is black and a console error message:
Code:
X11 error: BadAlloc (Insufficient resources for operation) 0.4% 0 0% 0 21%
Now the problem is with the video playback. If any one has an idea about this then please let me know.

Old 13-05-2010

Re: Debian - Compiz video problem

Hello,
For the video player using gstreamer, you can start
Code:
gstreamer-properties
and in the Video tab, you put the video output to "X Window System (without Xv)". For VLC is in the preferences of the latter, even principle, to X11 video output directly. For MPlayer, as I do not use it, I could not tell you, but look into its options or man pages, a similar adjustment should be possible.
Old 13-05-2010

Hello,
I have therefore changed the properties of gstreamer as you I 've recommended. I also went in the properties of mplayer video and I have selected in the video preferences: X11. I've also added this line in my xorg.conf device (I was the notorious advised in the post that has disappeared ):

Code:
Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "1"
Unfortunately, no change (I have rebooted my computer of course). It is certainly the first modification to my xorg.conf, which should contribute to my misfortune (but that made my office more fluid, however), to find this line:
Code:
Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
Any additional help is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Old 13-05-2010

Hello,
In your config file for mplayer, you have a line like
Code:
autosync = 30
or something like that? For me the addition of this line was deleted messages from mplayer and I have no problem with flow , but i did not used the graphics effects in mplayer.
Old 13-05-2010

Hello,
Absolutely I have three solutions, because as you probably like me graphics card intel and probably also a debian stable.
-> Put your debian by testing for the new xorg and the new drivers. Indeed, these problems were just too painful driver for one year (at least) I had these problems.
-> Retrieve old packages of drivers intel. (Not simple)
-> Remove compiz.
Hope this works with you.
Old 17-05-2010

My card is an Intell:

Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

I think I'll try an upgrade. I've been pretty annoyed with Squeeze, that is why I was ironing with Lenny. I wait a bit and I will give news here, if I do have any more problems then I will let you know.
Old 18-05-2010

You can try with the live cd and see if the video is working. Also if you can then disable he compiz effects and see if the video playback works. You can use any live cd of your choice. I would recommend you linux mint which is a operating system based on debain.
Old 19-05-2010

Hello,
You can try with the live cd and see if the video is working. Also if you can then disable he compiz effects and see if the video playback works. You can use any live cd of your choice. I would recommend you linux mint which is a operating system based on debain.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,