Thread: Windows 7 64 bit: SLOW

Windows 7 64 bit: SLOW

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit recently on my machine and now I found that machine is working very slow. I get hang ups, lags, and crashing software's. Windows 7 itself even crashed once. I had installed Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit previous without any issues like that but I even ran Windows 7 BETA with some problems.

I am not getting what the issues going on . Is it happening just because my machine is not supporting 64 bit or what ?

Re: Windows 7 64 bit: SLOW

Yeah, you are running currently with 64 bit enabled processor. Probably, it moves down to the software's that you have installed, this is because it was running proper on the beta windows 7 does not indicates that the same fore the retail version(s). The Architecture of the x64 bit processors and x86 (32 bit) processors are different, and the same thing is applied for the operating systems, hence , several 64 bit OS have 32 bit backwards compatibility built in, but that doesn't suggest every 32 bit software will work . The causes why you probably encounter less issues in the 32 bit version of windows comes down to true compatibility, I would give you some advice to be sure all of your programs and see if they are developed for a 64 bit OS.

First of all, you need to be aware about the previous reply that is very good suggested by Devasis. But one thing more, this can be occurred because of so many reason. Windows 7 itself is very stable, and the majority of system hangs or crashes are down to unverified or improper drivers. This can be done because of improper installation, what 3rd party drivers have you installed on your machine ?

Dr. V Guest

can you tell me, how much slower it is going on ? I am working on Windows 7 64 on my quad core computer with 8GB of RAM memory and I am now working on Win 7 64 on my dual core laptop with 4GB of RAM and my desktop is a bit frequent as you would expect. But I really don't think that the 64-bit system is actually going very slower.

According to me, it based upon how much RAM you have installed within your machine . I have got 8GB to support a handful of virtual machines. So 64-bit was my only actual option .

Well, it performs very slow even with software's designed for 64 bit as well as the operating system itself. I can move to open the stored files but during browsing file , it gets freeze up.

Also (this mostly doesn't matter what so ever but) Windows 7 installed entire drivers itself from the support of internet. So,I was thinking that it would get all the compatible drivers but I must have been incorrect. Do you think a absolute test would be to go and delete entire drivers and disconnect all devices (or perform a clean installation ) and if it is going as same. I should switch to 32 bit now ?