Thread: srv 2012 warning in windows 7

srv 2012 warning in windows 7

I've been getting this error on my windows 7 computer which is trying to connect Windows Server 2003 for network drive. The error message states:

While transmitting or receiving data, the server encountered a network error. Occasional errors are expected, but large amounts of these indicate a possible error in your network configuration. The error status code is contained within the returned data (formatted as Words) and may point you towards the problem.

There's not much information about this error over the internet and so I am stuck. Can anyone help me over here?

Re: srv 2012 warning in windows 7

I would suggest to check the NIC first. If required try another one or reinstall the NIC drivers. Also make sure you have correct settings for the same. You may even reconfigure it once again to be on the safe side.

This problem seems to more of hardware issue then software part. The most common source of this kind of problem is due to hard drive I/O bottlenecking. I suppose you need to perform a firmware and/or driver updates or may even have to reinsert the DIMMS.

This kind of problem occurs if you are using an older version of network driver or an old network card itself. I recommend to change your network interface card asap. If not possible then update the drivers. Also check the optimal MTU that you are getting. Install a WINS server if required.

Try to use a Backup Exec agent on your server. Also use a performance monitor to see where is the problem. Is there any 3rd party network software that is bound to the server? Check the following registry key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage Bind : REG_MULTI_SZ