Thread: Customizing BT4 Final - not working with bt4-customise.sh script

Customizing BT4 Final - not working with bt4-customise.sh script

Hello,
    I have installed backtrack 4 and I followed all the script perfectly, but I do not know why the operating system always builds the image which redirects me to the shell with a minimum, that is limited shell access. Have I done something wrong? Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Customizing BT4 Final - not working with bt4-customise.sh script

Hello,
    Which is the .iso file you are using. I think you are using the .iso file or the image file which has the minimum access to the tools which are included in backtrack. You can try using the live cd and see what is the result you get. Also, if you see that the live cd works perfectly then you can install in on your system immediately. If you need any more help regarding this then you can post.

Hello,
    I suggest you mount the image to UBCD using Daemon tools for example rather than burning a CD for nothing. Then open a DOS console or the operating system that you are using and type the following command:
    Code:
    C: \ UBCD \ tools \ win32 \ ubcd2usb \ ubcd2usb.cmd
    Assuming that your image UBCD is mounted on drive C and that the stick is mounted on drive E. By such setup you can you can install the complete system without have any problems.

Hi,
    I agree with the above post. I would like to add some more information to it, change the order according to your machine and check that your key does not contain important files as it will be formatted. Follow the on-screen information (press a button and then click Enter ) and let the script do its work. Once the script is finished you have a bootable USB drive on UBCD. I guess till now you have understood what exactly you have to do.

Hello,
    In one of the posts above it is recommend to use the live cd and then install it. You can surely use this option but if you need your own live cd, yes this can also be done, you can use the linux live. Linux live is a set of shell scripts which Allows You to Create Your Own Live Linux from year already installed Linux distribution. The advantage of this is that you can carry it any where with your required tools that you have installed on your linux live cd.

Hello,
    Once you have mouted the ubcd, it remains only to edit the configuration file boot UBCD 5 to indicate the location of files BackTrack. To do this, edit the / UBCD / custom / custom.cfg located on your USB drive, find the lines
    MENU INCLUDE / UBCD / menus / syslinux / defaults.cfg IU / boot/syslinux/menu.c32 LABEL - MENU LABEL COM32 .. / boot/syslinux/menu.c32 APPEND / UBCD / menus / syslinux / main.cfg