Thread: Remote for Windows 7

Remote for Windows 7

Hi, i am a Windows 7 user and need some technical help from you all guys. I wanted little info about Remote for Windows 7. Let me make it clear, am not talking about remote desktop. Its about the remote we use with electronic appliances like TV, DVD players, etc.. Actually i had made my system for entertainment process like watching movies, music, etc.. and hence i need a remote to control it sitting far. Do you guys have any suggestion ?

Please help. Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Remote for Windows 7

If you want to control Windows Media Center with a remote control, you need an optional remote control for Windows Media Center. If the computer has no TV tuner, you need an optional TV tuner analog or digital TV for playback and recording in Windows Media Center. There are different models available for remote control of Windows Media Center with a series of options.

The remote control can come in the Windows Media Center has purchased or can be purchased in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by visioneye View Post
    Its about the remote we use with electronic appliances like TV, DVD players, etc.. Actually i had made my system for entertainment process like watching movies, music, etc.. and hence i need a remote to control it sitting far.
    The first i can suggest is Rosewill Media center remote. I dont know much about this but have seen one of my friend using the same and it works fine. It provide you ultimate control to your pc through infrared technology. You can use it in the radius upto 10 meters. And the most important, it is certified for Windows 7 operating system. You can buy it online for $24.99

You will need a transceiver or an infrared receiver (IR) remote control for Windows Media Center to function properly. It may be a product of infrared (usually connected via a USB cable to your computer) or of other kinds, such as Bluetooth or radio frequency product. The receiver can be internal or external to the side. Consult your hardware documentation to determine the version of the receiver you need.

"Many of the Windows 7 users are not going with Logitech's diNovo Mini that allows you take control of your system with the palm of your hand by connecting your PC to your TV. The Logitech diNovo Mini puts you in total control of your PC entertainment with a palm-sized keyboard and remote media more ClickPad. Sit back and enjoy movies and music, share files, and surf the Web-from anywhere in the room. Bluetooth wireless technology Delivers reliable operation from up to 30 feet (10 meters) Under MOST conditions. "

You can try Microsoft Media Center PC Remote that allows you to turn off your PC and Media Center remote, and take advantage of the many digital entertainment offered comfort. The Media Center at the palm of your hand. It provides familiar features that allow intuitive access to its video library, disco, library and turn on and turn off his television. A must. It is the ultimate interactive accessory for enjoying the features of the new edition of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, and through user-friendly menus.

"Many of the Windows 7 users are not going with Logitech's diNovo Mini that allows you take control of your system with the palm of your hand by connecting your PC to your TV. The Logitech diNovo Mini puts you in total control of your PC entertainment with a palm-sized keyboard and remote media more ClickPad. Sit back and enjoy movies and music, share files, and surf the Web-from anywhere in the room. Bluetooth wireless technology Delivers
    reliable operation from up to 30 feet (10 meters) Under MOST conditions. "