Thread: Windows 7 Install on new Harddrive

Windows 7 Install on new Harddrive

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 64 bit on my 750GB Seagate hard disk drive. I have Vista 32 bit installed on my Samsung 500Gb. The problem is that I am getting an option to use Windows Vista or Windows 7. I thought I would replace Windows Vista. Please help me out so that I cam now sort the issue. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Install on new Harddrive

I would recommend you to perform a clean install of the operating system that is been installed. You then need to upgrade the system under Windows Vista which is been installed. boot the system using Windows Vista and then insert the Windows 7 and upgrade the system. You may then be able to work out well for the same. So do check out.

There is another way through which you an sort the issue well. All you need to do is to delete all the partitions that is been mentioned. As it is been done you may then be able to work out with the system. You need to unplug the drive that contains Vista and then install the application. So do check out for the same. It will then sort the issue.

A clean install of the operating system will help you well to get the issue to be sorted. The other way is to install the application or the software on the drive which contains Vista. You may upgrade the same or remove the vista operating system and then install the Windows 7 operating system. This will surely then let you to get to a better solution. So do look out for it and make the things to perform accordingly.

Dr. V Guest

You can also make the issue to be sorted by performing a complete format to the system. Do look for the same it will then help you well to sort the thing and make the issue to be appended and sort well. I hope this will definitely solve the query and you may then let to get to a better conclusion. Look for the output.

martine4161 Guest

You have two HDD and two OS. So basically if you want one of them as your OS then you can do it very easily. The HDD which have your choice OS, fix them with the jumper and that HDD will be the master for the PC and another will be slave. So booting will be from the master.

Set the hard disk to the master slave through which you want to boot the system. After that it would be essential that you perform the task well by sorting the issue accordingly. The hard disk through which you make secondary slave will boot first and then you may get o a better solution. Do look for it.

The better way is to disconnect the hard disk drive that you do not want the system to use up and then delete the partitions. As it is been done you then need to perform the task by making the aspect to be fulfilled by installing the Windows 7 operating system. Other way could be by upgrading the system pack with the new one. You may then be able to get the system to boot accordingly.