Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Java deployment

Operating Systems

Old 10-05-2010

Java deployment

I want to pursue for java deployment support. I need some help in using JAVA deploy using Active Directory that is around the network. I had tired to get some sources on that but nothing help. Other than this what are included in Java Deployment Toolkit and what are the application considerable in that. Basically I need some help in toolkit.

Old 10-05-2010

Re: Java deployment

Basically there are 2 types of J2SE deployment technologies to deploy client-side Java applications:

1. Java Plug-in is a utility used for deploying Java applets that run on various web browsers including IE, Firefox, etc.
2. Java Web Start is another utility that helps you to deploy standalone Java applications on the desktop, using JNLP.

In J2SE 5.0, many similar deployment features between Java Plug-in and Java Web Start have been consolidated.
Old 10-05-2010

For deploying Java applet, you first need to decide how to deploy the JRE. The JRE is available in various installation formats for download and manual install. You can download it automatically and installation is possible through the Windows browsers. Enterprise developers who want to install the JRE, you can use the silent installation option in the installer. For developers deploying the Java Platform is in Windows-only environments, which they should also check out the Active Directory deployment option in the installer.
Old 10-05-2010

Applets and applications created in JAVA programming language are of main concerned for deployment. Java 2 Platform Standard Edition API Specification provides the means along with various compilers and debuggers to develop Java applets and applications. But please note that if you are thinking of to migrate applets from Microsoft VM to Sun's Java Virtual Machine then you need to check out the Applet Compatibility.
Old 10-05-2010

I would like to know about java development. if you are having more and more information. let me know.
Old 11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishamathur View Post
I would like to know about java development. if you are having more and more information. let me know.
Java is a development language created by Sun then bought by Oracle in 2010 which succeeded in obtaining a very high reputation in just a few years thanks to these qualities. Today Java is widely used in business and in particular for applications for mobile devices.

Java is a synthesis of good things about several programming languages (including Smalltalk and C + +). I appreciate its portability, robustness and richness of its standard API provided by third parties or commercial or free.

Do your homework from http://java.sun.com/
Old 11-05-2010

In order to deploy JAVA applets and applications over Internet, you need to first provide download for the applets and applications and then run it. To display an applet on a webpage using Sun's JVM, the applet must be embedded on the page with required JAVA Plug-in tagging structure. In order to download, cache and run an applications from a web page, you will need to link the page to JNLP file on web server. Java Web Start will then download, cache and run it.
Old 12-05-2010

Java Plug-in and Java Web Start provides full Java applets and applications deployment support over various network protocols and security authentication. For this Java Plug-in and Java Web Start even allows you to have complete proxy support for various browser configurations and Java Control Panel. Java Plug-in and Java Web Start completly supports cookie in order to support servers to store data on the client side. Ideally, Java Archive is not always the most efficient for network download. So it is recommended you to use: gzip or Pack200.
Old 15-05-2010

By definition, Java deployment is done with the help of Java Plug-in and Java Web Start which run in a safe sandbox defined in the set of permissions granted to an untrusted application. You can run Java deployment outside the sandbox using JAR signing by adding user permissions for the users who are allowed. In order to make sure that signed applets and applications will work even after the certificate expires, you must have signature timestamp signed. Java Plug-in and Java Web Start supports this completely.
Old 15-05-2010
iimmdeepak

i got the java plugin installed but certificate and signature timestamp i do not get it can u illiburate little on it

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,