Thread: How to install BT4 Final On a EEE900

How to install BT4 Final On a EEE900

Hello folks,
    I am struggling very much while installing the Backtrack 4 on my EEE PC 900. I am not able to install the driver for the wifi. I have tried a lot to solve this issue but not succeeding. Is there any other method to install the BT4 Final On a EEE900 or the drivers of wifi.?? Please help me to sort out this issue.!!

Re: How to install BT4 Final On a EEE900

The issue is with the Wi-Fi, so the first thing is not normal that this card does not work, maybe it is "out-of-the-box". I have a EeePC 900 (AR5006EG) nickel and it works without any manipulation. The first thing I'll ask you to verify is that it is enabled in the BIOS. Oh yeah, AC is the air like this, but if you disable the WiFi on Windows Bios Guard memory and it does not appear in Linux. So, follow the steps :
    1. At boot time, the gray screen "Eee" you press F2 repeatedly to get a blue screen & gray.
    2. Right Arrow to go to "Advanced" and then arrow down to "Setup Onboard Devices".
    3. And you look at that "Onboard LAN" is Enabled.

If the steps that are mentioned by the 'Warner' is not helping you then when done, you go back and backtrack you type in "lspci" in console, that you checking your map appears there. If it's OK, you type "iwconfig" again your card should appear in the list.
    • If it is not in the lspci VMT is a hardware problem.
    • If it is just not in iwconfig, it should take care that AC will not load.

I think that there is no issues with the BT4 Final. Because I have seen number of EEE900 having the BT4 which is working flawlessly. According to me, there should be some issue with the drivers of the Wifi. You can type "AirDrives ng-loaded" to see what drivers are currently loaded (MadWifi normally should be). You can upgrade the drivers as required.

If you're in BT4, I advise the Wireless Wizard (Menu> Internet> Wireless Assistant, with a small green icon). Select your network and try to do the following things :
    • If you want to do with DHCP (the router will deflect an address itself) you have to do is give the WEP key.
    • If you want to set fixed IP (I suppose because you give the address 192.168.1.21) you should change to static.

Then you look down to the right if you put "successful" or "failed", sometimes you have to click on "Connect" so that it works.

wlassissant was abandoned in BT4 especially since it gave mixed results (logins fail ...). In addition, it is possible that your wireless card drivers are not brilliant. Or even also if they are not recent. In short, according to me that there may be a problem other than the CEC interface. However, BT is designed for experienced users who, whether for your first problem, for the second, or for one (connection problem) are able to fend for themselves.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

I would like to comment more on the 'Warner' post. After doing the steps mentioned by him, you go back and backtrack you type in "lspci" in console, that you checking your map appears there. If it's OK, you type "iwconfig" again your card should appear in the list.
    • If it is not in the lspci VMT is a hardware problem
    • If it is just not in iwconfig, it should oir why AC will not load.

You type "dmesg | grep ath" in search of an error. You can also type "AirDrives ng-loaded" to see what drivers are being loaded (MadWifi normally should be).