Thread: Backtrack 4 Final Doesn't Boot

Backtrack 4 Final Doesn't Boot

Hi, I want to make use of the BackTrack 4 Final on my computer. But, when I try to boot from the DVD, it gives me Grub command line. But, if I try to run that on another machine, then it works fine. I am not able to understand the problem behind it. If you are having any idea from which I will able to solve my problem. Then please provide me help for that, as Internet is useless for this solution.

Re: Backtrack 4 Final Doesn't Boot

Hey, I am also getting the same problem. If I make use of the DVD for booting of the BackTrack 4 Final, then it gives me grub command line error. And the same problem will happen if I try to use that DVD on the any other computer. So, what is the exact problem behind this. If you are having any idea for this, then please give me details about that. Thank you in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Hello, if you are having problem of the Backtrack 4 Final booting then you must need to check your BIOS setting. If your Hard Drive is in the place of the First Boot Device, then you will get such kind of problem. As your DVD will not get read. So, just make use of that and then you will able to solve your problem. So, just do the setting for your DVD drive and then you will able to solve your problem.

You just need to make use of the new DVD for the booting. As it may be possible that the DVD which you are using is not having the required files for booting and due to that you are getting such kind of problem. So, just make use of that and then you will able to solve your problem. You just need to use the another DVD for booting into the BackTrack 4 Final. Juts try it out.

Hello, Have you check you system requirement for the BackTrack 4 Final. It may be possible that you are not fulfilling the requiements and due to that you are getting the problem. So, just check out that. I have come to know about the following Requirements:
    • Minimum USB Drive capacity 1 GB
    • Format the USB to FAT32

Hello, follow the steps below and again check the booting from the USB:
    • First thing you need to download BT4 Beta ISO.
    • Then you need to download UNetbootin.
    • Simply execute the Unetbootin and select bt4-beta.iso for diskimage.
    • Then select the USB Drive and select OK.

Set your DVD drive to the First Boot Device and then check whether your problem gets solved or not. It is just needed to make use of the BIOS setting for that. So, just make use of that and then you will able to solve your problem. It will simply set your DVD drive to first boot and then it will boot first and you will able to boot to the BackTrack 4 Final. Simply go the BIOS setting and change that. It will solve your problem.