Thread: Installing BackTrack 4 as a VMware Guest

Installing BackTrack 4 as a VMware Guest

Hi,
    I had sen a new version of Linux called Backtrack. I am quiet interested to use this on my system. I need to install the same on the system. There can be two ways for that. First full installation and second as VMware guest. I am not sure about both the methods. What should I do here. I need some help in installing this tool on my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Installing BackTrack 4 as a VMware Guest

BackTrack is a SLAX-based live DVD, which includes distributions Whax and Auditor. Dedicated network security, this distribution contains the necessary tools to protect your machines. Some of the tools are Airplay, Aircrack, Airforge, Bruteforce, Matasploit, VNC Vuln Scanner, etc. You can use the bootable disc of Backtrack to install the same on your system.

Here are few steps by which you can quickly install BackTrack 4. First pason the following command one by one, mkdir / mnt / bt, mount / dev/sda5 / mnt / bt, mkdir / mnt / bt / boot, mount / dev/sda5 / mnt / bt / boot, cp - preserve-R \, / (Bin, dev, Home, pentest, root, usr, boot, etc, lib, opt, sbin, var) / mnt / bt /, mkdir / mnt / bt / (mnt, tmp, proc, sys), chmod 1777 / mnt / bt / proc, mount-t proc proc / mnt / bt / proc, mount-o bind / dev / mnt / bt / dev, chroot / mnt / bt / bin / bash. And done.

After backstrack installation you can also change your lilo and fstab or nano, so graphing going directly into your score with Konkeror. But that depends on your choice. For lilo, you just need to change root which is on sda1 sda5 by if you have installed this location. or fstab, replace the entire first line by - / Dev/sda5 / reiserfs defaults 0 0 # AutoUpdate. Remember to save, then in the shell or you still have your chroot use lilo-v for that.

This thing has lots of new tools which offers you to deal with various bug fixes and driver support especially for wifi connection cards. Each of the drivers which are mentioned are made to work with the penetration testing of the network. The good thing about this tis that it had the BT4 site which offers you lots of free tutorial.

I do not understand that parte of ubuntu to make a distribution focused. I would leave a BSD kernel, or I would base on slackware, gentoo, archlinux or something in the genre, but what does it mean a distribution of public safety Learn to really secure a network requires a lot of skills and in this case we avoid relying on a distro that hides all the sensitive and may add some flaws.

First, launch our virtual machine with Backtrack 2 live-cd and lets go on the desktop. Let's start a command shell by clicking on the computer at the bottom left of the screen. In this shell, run the command fdisk / dev / hda (if we had created a virtual hard disk scsi we'd use the command fdisk / dev / sda). As in back, fdisk is a Linux partition manager.