Thread: BT4 VMWare on XP Host

BT4 VMWare on XP Host

Hi,
    I am quiet interested in running a virtual OS on my Windows xp system. For that I had updated a bit my system with adding up additional 4GB RAM. I want to use BackTrack Vmware on Windows XP. I had found there is lots of issue regarding wireless server configuration in this mode. I need some beginners tips to install the same on my system. And what can I do here.

Re: BT4 VMWare on XP Host

A virtual machine allows you to test an operating system without leaving your work environment. A second machine will be always at your disposal where you can install a Linux distribution. In the event of a crash, no need to reinstall everything it is sufficient to create another virtual machine. The solution for the same is Virtual PC which is free but requires you to have the professional version of Windows XP or VMware Workstation.

Yes you cannot run a pirated copy on VMware. You can get the same from official site and then you have to create an account and an e-mail will be sent with the serial number to test this software. Just double click the installation file and then enter the serial number that was assigned. You can then follow the onscreen wizard to perform the full setup.

Run the setup and then click New Virtual Machine and then twice on the Next button. Then after that you will need to choose the operating system and version you want to install on your virtual machine. Then you have to provide the name for your virtual machine and the location where you want to the installation files to copy. In the Network Connection section choose the type of network connection you want to configure.

There are three options if you want to emulate a network connection and also have Internet access. The first is use a bridged networking, the second is use a network address translation (NAT) for your virtual machine will use the existing network connection on the host computer and the last option is use a host-only networking where the guest system is connected to a virtual private network on the parent machine.

When you start your virtual machine you can have this error message, VMware Workstation Measured Has to Be your CPU speed 1201 MHz, Windows reports aim That It Is 2211 MHz. Just follow these steps, click on Start / Control Panel and open the Power Management Module. In the dropdown Methods power management, select Max Battery.

To install a virtual operating system you can use a disc in your possession or work directly with an ISO image. Click on VM / Settings and then select the branch CD-ROM (IDE 1:0) and then check the radio button Use ISO image. Click the Browse button and select your ISO file and then click on the link Start this virtual machine. You normally do not change the boot sequence in BIOS. Your virtual machine will find a system disk in the same way as if you had inserted the CD-ROM for Windows XP and the installation will start automatically.