Thread: Backtrack 4 ISO + GRUB 2

Backtrack 4 ISO + GRUB 2

Hello,
    I am trying to boot back track version 4 through usb. Any one has successfully used back track version 4 with grub 2 on usb. then please help me with it. I am fairly new to this operating system and I would like your help. I have also tried to configure the grub.cfg file, but not success, I am getting the same error again and again. If you guys know how to do this then please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Re: Backtrack 4 ISO + GRUB 2

Hello,
    Who eventually include Backtrack 3 of my multi-boot (grub), everything works perfectly for this listing. I have several problems in backtrack 3, that it recognizes my USB devices but it does not work. Can you help me, I start but I've really want to have a Linux OS that works well and with benefits backtracking. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Hello,
    BT3 is older than Ubuntu. BT3 manages fewer things that Ubuntu, if it works in BT3, it works under Ubuntu. Ubuntu/BT3 even battle is GNU / Linux, you can have the same things about one another and BT is for professional operating system. Install BT3 is a heresy in itself already. Rather if you are a new user to the linux operating system then you can get started with ubuntu like operating system where you can learn some basic and then switch to this distribution.

Hello,
    I confine myself to two problems on Backtrack:

1) the absence of sound, I ask nothing of this level there great topic and I did not try enough to claim the future external assistance.
    2) my intel 5100 agn wireless card is not recognized, according to some tutorial I should update my kernel, and I confess to not knowing at all,

If you guys have a solution for this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I have a USB bootable linux backtrck, how to boot from it (with vista). Also I wanted to install linux on virtual PC 2007 backtrck. Now I have no idea how to handle. I am a windows user and would like to switch to linux based operating system, but the problem is that I am a beginner in this and I have a very few ideas about the linux operating system. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for helping.

Hello,
    You have nothing to do with vista, you have a new OS on your vista or another key and have nothing to do with him. You just go into the BIOS (F12 at startup) and see who speaks the Boot, where you will put the USB drive first boot device. I hope this will help you.

Hello,
    I think it must be mounted (mount) the disk or you want to write. No ntfs may not be supported. except at startup, there may be means to specify how to store your personal data on your key. In fact, I got tired in the CD, so I've installed the ubuntu on my laptop, I've installed the utilities that were in the back track operating system.