Thread: Boot Backtrack 4 with Vista and Ubuntu installed?

Boot Backtrack 4 with Vista and Ubuntu installed?

I am having a query that i need to solve actually i am having a system which is running with the Windows Vista and i have installed the ubuntu on the same. Now i want to install the Backtrack 4 on it but having no idea that it is possible or not. So can any one let me know about Boot Backtrack 4 with Vista and ubuntu installed? . A help may be appreciate.

Re: Boot Backtrack 4 with Vista and Ubuntu installed?

Yes this possible you can triple boot all three i.e. Windows Vista, ubuntu and backtrack 4 together and this will not create any issue. All you have to do is to create the different partition for the all the operating system so that they will not have any clash between then. So boot the system with the Backtrack without any worries.

Hey i am also running the ubuntu with the backtrack 4 but did not get any kind of issue yet. I got all the system working fine according to my need and not having any issue with the dual boot of the same. So i don't think that you are also having the any issue with it. So take the install the Backtrack 4 on the Windows Vista running machine.

One think that you have to take of while you are making the triple boot of the system. First thing that you have to check whether the system is capable of holding the all the three boot or not. If the system is not capable then it is almost impossible to run the three together as it will slow down the system or freeze.

I am having the same issue which i was worried about and after going through lots of suggestion i have finally realized that there is no issue in installing the Backtrack on the Windows Vista machine. But one thing that you should take care of is that install the ubuntu first and then go with the installation of the Backtrack 4.