Thread: Can't enter desktop mode in backtrack 4

Can't enter desktop mode in backtrack 4

I am having a trouble with the desktop mode in the Backtrack. I Can't enter desktop mode in backtrack 4 after the installation of the Backtrack 4. I have gone through the console but could not found any. So please help me with the proper solution so that i can get then desktop mode on the same. Thank you.

Re: Can't enter desktop mode in backtrack 4

As per your query let me tell you that there is one command which can help you for the same. After the installation of the backtrack when you need to get the graphical interface then let me tell you that just open the console and type "StartX" which will display the desktop mode on backtrack 4. So work with the issue with StartX command.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris- View Post
    As per your query let me tell you that there is one command which can help you for the same. After the installation of the backtrack when you need to get the graphical interface then let me tell you that just open the console and type "StartX" which will display the desktop mode on backtrack 4. So work with the issue with StartX command.
    I have gone through the same and don't know that this is very easy that i was unaware of. But having one more issue that i need to solve and that is that i wanted to know that how to work with the network problem in backtrack.

For that let me tell you that can use the IP command which will help you with the networking issue. And also you can take help of the "static IP ubuntu networking /etc/network/interfaces" that is also an alternate option for the same that you are working for. So try the this command and work with this issue.