Thread: Nessus 4 & Backtrack 4 final

Nessus 4 & Backtrack 4 final

I want to know about the Nessus 4 & Backtrack 4 final. I have gone through the tutorial of mine but didn't found much useful things (maybe, I don't have enough knowledge about it). So, please tell me more about the topics that I have discussed above. Hoping that someone hanging out there will help me soon.

Re: Nessus 4 & Backtrack 4 final

• Nessus 4.2 Comes with a built-in web interface lets you start your Which scan and ANALYZE the results from "any system Which can connect to your Nessus scanner. Nessus 4.2 lets you compare different scans. It Also contains An improved delay export format, with additional templates regularly Being Distributed Through the Nessus ProfessionalFeed.
    • BackTrack 4 was previously available only in development version. Offensive Security has announced the release of the final version of BackTrack and stable 4. BackTrack is a GNU / Linux well-known hacker, now based on Ubuntu and the form of a live DVD.

Nessus has published a benchmark between 4 nessus, nessus nessus 3 and 2, it is rather interesting to see the evolution of software. Nessus is a security tool that scans one or more machines. It also allows for different attacks to test whether one or more machines are vulnerable. Nessus consists of a server (which contains a database of different types of vulnerabilities) and a client part. The user connects to the server via the client after authentication, the server directs the testing to one or more machines. The client then receives the test results.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Here's how to install the latest version of Nessus :
    1. First you will have to download the correct version of Nessus 4.2.0.
    2. Type the following in a shell :
      dpkg-i Nessus-4.2.0-ubuntu804_i386.deb
      Put the name of the file you just downloaded.
    3. Then you should obtain the code product activation. The whole procedure is in the mail containing the activation code. The code must be written as :
      / Opt / nessus / bin / nessus-fetch - register XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Hope that it helps you.

I would like to tell you that the load is heavy indeed, the GUI does not respond during the loading of plugins, but it is normal. Also I would like to tell you about the BackTrack 4 final. The new version includes correction of errors reported in previous development, new kernel 2,6.30.9, a larger tool set and extended (300) and improved and extended hardware support specifically for wireless chips Wi-Fi.
    Temporary signature

I will present how to install nessus version 4.2.2 on your backtrack 4 final. You will have to start by installing the annexes that you need.
    apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-gui libqt4-network libqt4 libqtcore4-script libqt4-xml libqt4-dbus libqt4-test libqt4-svg libqt4 libqtgui4-opengl libqt4-designer libqt4-assistant
    Then you will have to download the latest version of Nessus. Take the ubuntu version 8.04 (36/64) depending on your architecture. Then register to receive an activation key (put a valid email address.

Nessus is divided into two parts: nessusd is a daemon (server) running applications and communicating with the target, and nessus, a client application that retrieves data and displays the result. This division is conventional, the daemon running with elevated privileges (root) while the GUI is more complex and vulnerable, running under the identity of an unprivileged user. The tests are performed by extensions (or plugins). The nessus server (and its plugins) does not suffice to itself in the sense that it is not possible to run a scan command line.