Thread: Backtrack 4 VMware In Windows XP

Backtrack 4 VMware In Windows XP

Hello to everyone. I have a problem with my Backtrack 4. When I open the new shell and if I try to type the AIRMON-NG, it wont show me any kind of device. But, if I start the booting BT4 directly from the CD before my Windows starts, then it work fine for me. And if I try to use the airmon-ng command after the Windows started then it wont give me devices. If you have any solution for this, then give me details about it.

Re: Backtrack 4 VMware In Windows XP

Hello, I want to know the details about your cards. Are you making use of the USB cards. Vmware needs USB WiFi.
    Check out from the below:
    • Go to the VM options.
    • Click on the Removable Devices.
    • Select the connect device.
    • Done.

Hello, I am having the EDIMAX PCMCI wireless card. I have INTEL 2200 integrated card also. It is having the Chipset of the centrino. I am running the Vmware 7.0 version. I have connected that card. But, I am not having the USB card. Due to that I am getting problem I think. What is the exact reason behind this. If you are having any solution for this, then give me that details.

Hello, you must need to make use of the USB Dongle, if you want to use the VMware. So, you need to use that and then you will able to get solved for your problem. As far as I know, except the USB Dongles, anything will not work on the Vmware. So, just make use of that and then you will able to get solved for your problem. You have a single option of the USB Dongle.

Hello, I want to know the details about the Backtrack. I have not used it and don't have any idaea about it. So, if you have any details about it, then give that to me. Please give me that details in the simple words. I have read one article on internet, but not able to understand it. If you are having any details which are simpler to understand then give that to me.

Dr. V Guest

BackTrack is a distribution Linux based on the distribution Slackware up to version 3 and Ubuntu since version 4 appeared in January 2010, she was born from the merger of Whax and Auditor. Its goal is to provide a distribution containing all the necessary tools to test network security.BackTrack is available as Live CD. It is also possible to install a hard drive on a USB key, or to set up a start PXE.

Hello, I would suggest you to simply make use of the new Backtrack 4. You can simply install the new Backtrack 4 by uninstalling the older one. Then you will able to solve the problem of your. You just need to make use of the new version and then by making use of that you will able to simply solve your problem. It will solve your problem, if you are facing problem by that installation.