Thread: install Backtrack 4 using ISO burnt to DVD

install Backtrack 4 using ISO burnt to DVD

hello I downloaded this program from the official website
    The problem I have is that I download Backtrack live in .rar format now as I can not install the on my desktop. rar file extensions so i just burnt an ISO image to a CD after rebooting my system i get the grub >prompt only and i can't get in to the GUI. please help me in installing Backtrack 4 using ISO burnt to DVD

Re: install Backtrack 4 using ISO burnt to DVD

Look for a file with the extension. iso using the 'daemon tools' is a program thing you can 'lift' the images. iso. Other alcohol 120 or nero to burn to a cd. managed to run the ISO file using the deamon. This will definitely help you to get it installed on your system. Hope you will fix the issue soon.

If you downloaded it from the official website does not come in rar, iso comes in, you'll need some type winrar decompressor you open it but it is iso. You need to burn the extracted image file with nero or any other example burning application. After burning the image on a CD you will have to use the burnt cd for installing Backtrack.

Most probably the image which you burnt is not a good one so i would suggest you to create the image once again. Then simply burn this image on a new CD after burning this image on a new CD boot your system using the newly created CD. Follow the instructions to get backtrack installed on your system.

I had this problems before but i got this problem fixed, I checked the disk on a different system and it really worked so i think this must work in your case too. It appears as a matter of compatibility issue to me. If this does not work then burn the image on a separate disc and try with the new disc . this should help you.

Iso is a "CD image." What you have to do is burn it, or pass it on to CD. To do with Nero is very easy, once installed you double click the file. Iso and Nero starts, you enter a blank CD and follow the instructions on the screen.
    But as you said that there is a setup.exe conclude that it is not actually a. Iso but a "dump CD. If you get an error message when you start the system concept wife that the copy is corrupted, which happens sometimes when you download from P2P programs.

If the. Iso is somewhat large it is a DVD image. A. Iso is a copy of the binary sequence contained in an optical media (CD or DVD) that is stored in a file on your hard disk, but the Same can only interpret it well when I read in the CD-Rom or by using a program that interprets the. iso as if reading a CD. This should resolve your problem.