Thread: MacBook Pro keyboard mapping

MacBook Pro keyboard mapping

Hello,
    In order to telecommute I need keyboard mapping in my Macbook pro. I'm working on RedHat Enterprise. I have the latest version of Parallels And the installation was uneventful. Well, when I am in a terminal, can not type characters like |]) or even antislach (which I do not even know how Mac). Note that I'm on a MacBook Pro, without further keyboard (that would be too simple) Do you have a walkthrough? Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

keyboard mapping in macbook and linux

Hello,
    For the keys "special" Mac OS X since the question has been asked a thousand times not to say a million times (there may be exaggerating a bit ), do a search with any luck it also works under Linux. If you need you can try the live cd of linux and try the keyboard mapping. Just give a try to it and see if this works.

Re: MacBook Pro keyboard mapping

Hello,
    Even I am looking for a solution for this. But I already look pretty on the Web and the responses are oriented with a Windows virtualization (I found sites that offer small utilities to remap the keyboard. However, these utilities work with Windows). Linux is already much liked rare and is almost always with a PC-style keyboard. By cons to remap a keyboard MACBOOK PRO, I found nothing. So, please help me with this.

Hello,
    Actually I do not know the command xmodmap. Under RedHat, there is a directory / usr / share / xmodmap, which has full file remapping the keyboard. It's pretty cotton came to understand the mechanism, but I reached my goal. I think it should work with other Linux distribution. I'll start a VM under SuSE10. For those interested, I am willing to provide file-xmodmap mbp file (created from scratch to get a keyboard compatible with my MBP). If you have any more idea regarding this then please let me know. Thank in advance.

Hello,
    I switched to Debian some time ago and I look in vain for way to change keys to match those of the Mac keyboard. We have the same MBP , and I am running Mandriva 2009. Could you If you've always, pass me your config file so that I can see what exactly are the changes you have made in it. A big thank you in advance.

Hello,
    For those who are in the same case and who dropped out, here's how:
    For mapping the keyboard on the console, add this line to / etc / rc . Local (root)
    loadkeys mac-en-ext_new and mapping almost identical under kde, copy it to a file (ie ~ /. map_mbp)

Code:
    Mode_switch keycode 134 = 
    keycode 203 = NoSymbol 
    remove Mod5 = Mode_switch 
    add Mod5 Mode_switch = 
    keycode 49 = Has numbersign numbersign at 
    keycode 14 = 5 parenleft braceleft bracketleft 
    keycode 20 = degree parenright braceright bracketright 
    keycode 46 = l bar 
    keycode 57 = n N asciitilde 
    keycode 51 = grave Sterling Sterling serious 
    keycode 133 = Control_R 
    remove control = Control_R 
    add control = Control_R

Hello,
    I agree with the above post and would like to add more information to it. Create a second file containing this:
    Code:
    #! / Bin / sh 
    map ~ /. map_mp
    chmod + x it to make it executable, and copy the file ~ / kde / Autostart
    is possible that there is one issue kde folder eg if you use kde4 kde4
    A quick reboot and you are done. In console mode, the alt key will provide access to as under osx characters like (or[, while under kde, it will use the right apple key.