Thread: Sounds fine on PC, no audio on mediaserver

Sounds fine on PC, no audio on mediaserver

I am having computer system with windows XP installed on it. I am using D-Link DSM-320 media player. I have burnt some dvd which contains the avi files. Whenever I try to play this avi file from my pc with this media player, the I just hear the noise no proper audio. I am not able to find out the exact cause behind this issue. If you have any solution over this then please let me know that.

Re: Sounds fine on PC, no audio on mediaserver

Hi friend,

It seems that there might be problem in the operating system of your computer. And that causes the issues while playing any file with D-Link DSM-320 media player. According to me you need to try the reinstallation of your windows XP operating system. I hope it will definitely solve all you audio issues related to the D-Link DSM-320 media player.

I think your D-Link DSM-320 media player is having some hardware issue. That creates issues to audio whenever you try to play any avi file. I think you need to check the setting of this wireless media player. For that you can refer the user manual of this D-Link DSM-320 media player. Please try out this solution and let me know your result.

I am also having same problem with my D-Link DSM-320 Wireless Media Player. But only difference is that I am getting audio problem with all file formats not only for avi files. I have also tried many thing to resolve this audio issue, but still no success in it. I also tried the reinstallation of my operating system, but getting same problem. Does any one posses proper solution over this media player issue?

It's very difficult to find out the exact behind this audio issue. It might be possible that the avi file that you wanted to play is corrupted. So I think you first need to check this problem with other media file formats. I think you also need to check the sound setting of your computer as this may cause problem to wireless media player.

Setting up the D-Link DSM-320 media player is simple, and the On-screen setup wizard guides you through the entire step-by-step process. The DSM-320 adheres to the Universal Plug-&-Play AV (UPnP AV) specification for easy installation onto a network. Audio and video jacks including Composite, S-Video, Component Video, Optical, and digital Coax are available on the back panel of the DSM-320 that allows direct connection to a TV, receiver, and other home entertainment devices. So please check the Audio jacks first.

Please try following solutions to resolve the your audio issue:
    • Check the main audio setting of your PC.
    • Check if the audio jack of your D-Link DSM-320 media player is connected properly or not.
    • Configure the audio setting of D-Link DSM-320 media player.