Thread: Texas Instruments 64-bit SD/MMC Card Reader on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit not reading SD cards previously used on 32-bit Win 7. Won't reformat even

Texas Instruments 64-bit SD/MMC Card Reader on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit not reading SD cards previously used on 32-bit Win 7. Won't reformat even

Hi-

I was running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and my TI SD/MMC card-reader was working fine; I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and managed to get hold of the correct 64-bit TI driver for the SD/MMC slot, but now my SD cards won't be read by it. It says it needs to reformat them, fair enough, but then fails to do so, bringing up the error that Windows was unable to complete the formatting. I've tried all kinds of ways... quick format, proper format, different formats etc. No go. Do I have to start over and just buy a new SD card?

Quick spec:

Sony Vaio VGN-NR280E
    Intel ICH8/Mobile Intel Express 965 Chipset Family
    4GB DDRII 667
    200GB Fast SATA HDD
    Core 2 Duo 1.7 GHz T5450

Thanks for any help
    'n00b' is just 'boon' spelled backwards. We all had to start somewhere.

Re: Texas Instruments 64-bit SD/MMC Card Reader on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit not reading SD cards previously used on 32-bit Win 7. Won't reformat even

It seems that you have not properly upgraded your operating system. And because of that you are getting issue while reading memory card in card reader. In the way to resolve this issue, for that you need to try the reinstallation of your Windows 7 OS. Hopefully it will definitely resolve your card reader issue.

Re: Texas Instruments 64-bit SD/MMC Card Reader on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit not reading SD cards previously used on 32-bit Win 7. Won't reformat even

No, the OS is properly installed. I've done it many times, I know for sure. What may be at fault tho' possibly is the TI driver? But doesn't x64 use different encoding or something? So I expected to have to reformat the card, but it won't.

I wonder if you had tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it by letting the windows update to find one driver for you ? I was able to find driver for the TI CardReader Driver 2.0.0.1 but it was of pci, you can just check it whether it works or not till the time being and also read some similar articles below:

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/880988.htm
    Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller (H) on Vista
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-d...ers/223645.htm

Yeah Windows update didn't give me one. I was left having to scour the web to find the x64 TI driver. Have tried uninstalling and reinstall, it's v.2.0.0.1 which is the latest. Maybe i just can't use a card that's already had data written to it on an x86 OS? Fresh card needed? Anyone know?

Did you check out for the system ailments that is been required for the card. Check out for the requirements that it fulfills well. I hope it is not supported to 64bit version of Windows 7 operating system. You can use an alternative . Try to install compatibility tools for Windows XP or Vista under Windows 7 system that you use from the compatibility center. I guess this should then work for you. Do check out.

You can try to download the driver which is in the attachment file. I hope this driver will help. I do not know whether this v.2.0.0.1 is the latest one or not but you can search for the drives on the microsoft official site. I you have any further problem you can reply back.
    One more thing if it is possible please give the full specifications of your sd card.
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 02-05-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: inappropriate driver removed

The SD Card is a cheap-end Kingston 2GB MicroSD (not SDHC) which I fit into a full-size adapter. It's always worked fine before (use it in my mobile phone.. could this affect its compatibility? Mobile is an LG KU990 Viewty smartphone)

Cheers

Here are the Specifications
    • Operating Temperature — -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to 85° C)
    • Storage Temperature — -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
    • Multifunctional — when microSD card is combined with the included adapter, can be used as a full-size SD card with write protection switch, a miniSD card or a USB reader to transfer data
    • Compliant — Card: with SD Card Association specification standards. USB Reader: supports microSD/microSDHC
    Hence I do not think that you will be having any kind of compatibility problem while using this.

BTW your attachment was removed by a forum moderator (have no idea why..?)

Well I think may be the attachment which I have given is not the correct one according to Admnistrator. Do not worry

Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller 6.0.5384.4

This is the name of driver you need and the latest version is 6.0.5384.4 and not the v.2.0.0.1 you can search for this driver on cnet site.

Oh my mistake - the version I have is actually 2.0.0.7, and Windows telllsme that it's the most up-to-date version when i go to 'update driver'