Thread: Click disc error - operating system is not loading

Click disc error - operating system is not loading

I am running Windows XP installed on my Dell computer. Recently my sister's kids ran near by and pressed the power button of my computer turning off it. But now when I start the screen shows black screen. It doesn't loads my Windows operating system. I tried to repair the Windows installation but then I found that it is not working. I even noticed that I received an error message saying "Click disc error" once during the repair operation. What is the problem and how can I fix this?

Re: Click disc error - operating system is not loading

Have you tried replacing the cable connections to see every part of the computer loads properly? Many a times your computer won't load if it is unable to detect any part which it requires to run normally. I had this problem once and I solved it by setting my C drive as "Active" partition.

In general operating system may not load if your computer BIOS does not correctly manage or support the capacity of the hard disk on which you are installing or running Windows XP. To resolve this issue make sure that you are using the latest BIOS version for your computer.

You will receive an error message and wouldn't be able to load operating system if there is any problem with your BIOS. If your BIOS is not able to communicate with your Windows operating system then you will not get Windows anyhow. In other words, if your BIOS doesn't support the capacity of the hard drive then Windows XP will not be loading on your computer.

If the kids have bumped the computer to press the power button then that might create a seriously problem to you since this may cause some damage to your computer either internally or externally. You need to check this by opening the computer case and look inside if everything is ok. Otherwise you are lost if the damage is physical. Because you can fix the software problems but not physical.