Thread: Macbook pro - No sound in Ubuntu

Macbook pro - No sound in Ubuntu

Hello,
    Coming from a fine user of Mac while I've installed Ubuntu (without incident). Unfortunately, the traditional bug disparage impossible, adds the absence sound. Just like Windows Seven, Ubuntu SIGNL receives the sound card, but this seems not to return because my speakers and my headphones are silent. I do not know if anyone has a solution to my problem, still if you know what exactly is the problem then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook pro - No sound in Ubuntu

Hello,
    It would be interesting to know which model of macbook it is exactly. If this is the macbook pro 13' I think you will have to install the audio drivers for ubuntu and the see if it is working. So, if you have installed the drivers before and still if you have problems with the audio, then you will need to uninstall the drivers and the install them again.

Hello,
    FYI, I test since Karmic Koala alpha 6 and entry-level game on my MacBook Pro 15 "basic sound to work (unfortunately not through the headset.) I think you have not isntalled the proper drivers which are required by the operating system, so you are getting the error or there is on sound because of this.

Hello,
    Recently I installed Ubuntu on my mac (black) and everything seemed perfect until I realized that I had no sound. I biensur try to change the sound level, I install alsamixergui, but again there is nothing. It is my sound card is not even recognized. I can even top right of my screen a small sign in white crossed red circle on the icon for my sound card.

Hello,
    It is very strange you must have done something else than what is marked on this post, but your root mode still work. Ubuntu is no more difficult than mandriva, by doctoring cons to install linux on a bcp harder than on a mac PC. I were you, I install them all and then go see the doc for the sound of your macbook looking good what model it is. Best of the luck for your installation .

Hello,
    Thank you for advice, I think that's what I do. Regarding the literature on the macbook is obviously what I did previously, but it does not really exist because information often the tutorial take shortcuts in the explanations, and they often simply say "Macbook", without giving the specific model. Enthusiastic about the idea of exploring this OS I run too fast into the unknown, that okay, seems that we always learn from our mistakes.

Hello,
    I managed to install Mandriva on my Mac, the installation went smoothly, until I can no longer boot on his score. I create a partition and I install Mandriva on it, once the installation is done turn off my mac as I requested in the system to reboot on Mandriva. The problem is that when I turn back, my Mac boot Leopard. Maybe this is a problem for the GRUB or my part, I frankly do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by ISAIAH View Post
    Hello,
    I managed to install Mandriva on my Mac, the installation went smoothly, until I can no longer boot on his score. I create a partition and I install Mandriva on it, once the installation is done turn off my mac as I requested in the system to reboot on Mandriva. The problem is that when I turn back, my Mac boot Leopard. Maybe this is a problem for the GRUB or my part, I frankly do not know.
    As you press the power button "to turn the mac on", press and hold the option key until you see a boot menu.
    Then click your partition and it should boot into Mandriva.

Hope that helps. Sorry i didn't get here sooner. =].