Thread: Ubuntu 9.10 will not install on Windows 7

Ubuntu 9.10 will not install on Windows 7

Hello, I am having Windows 7 Operating system installed on my computer. I want to switch to the Linux operating system and for that I am trying to install the Ubuntu 9.10 on my computer which is having Windows 7 installed. I have tried to do that, but I am not able to do that. If you are having any solution for that, then please provide that to me.

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 will not install on Windows 7

Hey, I am also searching for the solution from which I will able to do this. I have tried to do that, but not able to get the solution for that. I have tried to install as per the steps, but I was not able to install that. If anyone have done this, then please tell me the solution. I have installed it previously on my Windows xp without any problem. But, now getting problem while doing that. If you are having any solution for that then please provide that to me.

You have installed via windows? I'm not sure that is very clean ... Often when you choose this option, the Windows MBR, and GRUB are not very happy. You can try using the free software "EasyBCD" to go see the windows boot parameter, and the set that. Otherwise it is so that you access the computer's BIOS (press F2, F12 or other). Inside you BOOT well. Normally you have to BOOT a list of devices, which is the order in which the computer starts to boot. You should be able, by pressing the buttons.

Dr. V Guest

Hello, I think the problem you are getting is due to the system configuration. You need to checkout that and then by making use of the new upgradation to the hardware which you are using you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, just do that and get solved for your problem You will able to solve the problem which you are facing. If you are not getting the problem then simply provide that configuration to me. I will solve that.

Hello, you need to check the steps which you are installing. I am making use of the Ubuntu 9.10 without any problem and it is working fine for me. So, if you are having any problem while installing that, then you must need to make use of the new installation cd for the installation. As it may be possible that you are getting the problem due to the problem in your installation files, so just check that and get solved for your problem.

Hello, you must need to install the Ubuntu 9.10 by the use of the Installation CD properly. Install it step by step, you will get the solution for your problem. It is just needed to make use of the right steps and then you will able to solve your problem. So, just do that and then you will able to get the solution for that. If you are not getting the solution then you can simply check for the hardware problem.