Thread: How to use ERUNT to recover Windows registry

How to use ERUNT to recover Windows registry

Hi,
    My system is infected with virus. I had now formatted it because my registry file was corrupted and I was keep on getting error messages on the start-up. I had tried to repair the same but nothing works. I had a tool called as ERUNT, which is used to work with Windows registry. I need help in using this, so that in future I restore the Windows registry.

Re: How to use ERUNT to recover Windows registry

Bart PE Builder is software that creates an ISO image that is on a CD which enables a mini-Windows from the CD. However, if for one reason or another, you can not boot from the recovery console, just use the CD BART PE Builder. nsert the CD and Bart PE boot the PC on the CD. Then start the A43 File Management Utility via Bart PE Explorer, navigate to the folder containing the backup you want and double-click on ERDNT.EXE. Confirm the execution of the restoration of the register by clicking OK. Leave the defaults and click OK. The restoration is done

I will recommend you run a automated backup. For that open System Properties > Advanced tab > Environment Variables > System Variables window. Using the scroll bar roll to the bottom and locate the variable Windir. The value next Windir inform the Windows installation folder (usually C: \ Windows). The other way is typing echo%windir% in the cmd o windows. The next line will display the Windows installation folder

To perform a manual backup double-clicking the file Erunt shortcut on desktop. Erunt offer to save the registry to a folder of your choice and click OK. Then select the folder where the backups will be made and then click OK. Confirm creation of the file (if no) and click on Yes. Backing up files is in the folder defined. Note that it will launch the program Erdnt.exe from the backup folder to restore the files.

There are three different ways to save the registry. They are manual, automatics on start-up and scheduled. So you can choose the mode of your choice and run the backup. I am using the automated one. By cons important thing to do backups in a sub directory is more than recommended because the recovery console does not recognize the Windows installation folder.

To download a language pack for ERUNT you can download the pack from the official site and extract that same to C: \ Program Files \ ERUNT which is the most default location. Erunt is a nice and easy to use tool by which you can keep a backup your registry and then restore that on infection. Mostly the system crashes due to corrupt registry.

ERUNT is a lightweight tool that allows easily maintain the registry (backup / restore). Download it and run the setup. In the setup enable the option create an ERUNT entry in the Windows start-up allowing automatic backup of the registry to the opening of Windows, click Yes. This will give your critical updates regularly making your system much stable.