Thread: Windows 7 Reformat, Recover Sony Vaio programs

Windows 7 Reformat, Recover Sony Vaio programs

Hello,
    To install Windows 7 64 bit on my Sony Vaio, I must format the disk, but what I found that the D: partition on which there are hidden programs shipped with the original Vaio.?!! How do I do to keep all programs delivered (photoshop, adobe, the first element, programs sony etc ...) without risking to lose.?? Knowing that I made a backup on DVD as originally specified in the delivery of the computer. Recognizing also that I can repeat a recent because I have a 1TB external HDD, what is the best way to install Windows 7 without losing programs and data delivered?
    Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Reformat, Recover Sony Vaio programs

I think the original operating system is 32 bit and if you want to put a 64bit system, it is not possible to have some programs installed, like Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Elements and a few other programs and you did not need the hidden partition. Only thing is that you will have to take the backup of it and then you can format it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The following are key new features included in the OPK for Windows 7 :
    • DISM, used to provide services to images of Windows, replacing many of the tools of previous versions of the Windows OPK, including:
      • Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe).
      • International Settings Configuration Tool [International Tool Configuration Settings] (Intlcfg.exe).
      • Command Line Tool Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) (PEimg.exe).
    • The default structure of the disk partition has changed compared to previous versions. In scenarios default Windows installation, Windows Setup creates two partitions on your hard disk:
      • System partition that stores the administrator reset [boot manager] and other related data.
      • The operating system partition that stores the image of Windows.

• Create a Recovery Media Kit (a set of system restore CDs or DVDs) using the VAIO Recovery Wizard provided with the computer's original factory-installed software.
      If your computer does not have the ability to create the discs or if you are unable to locate the original restore discs that shipped with some VAIO computers, contact Sony at 800-488-SONY (7669) or visit the Sony Online Support Web site (http://www.sony.com/pcsupport) to purchase a set of system restore CDs or DVDs.
    • Download driver updates (for the original factory-installed software) for your computer model from the Sony Online Support Web site at http://www.sony.com/pcsupport.
      Check the Updates section for any drivers that may be newer than the original factory-installed drivers. Burn these newer drivers to a CD-R or CD-RW disc. Write down the description of each driver package for future reference.

If you can. you have a hidden partition "Recovery Partition" on the hard disk. You will be able to recover your system of origin. You can also start burning DVD's with 2-R or + R or a DVD + R DL. Your PC must be connected to the mains. To repair or recover the Windows system is a problem, you will restart the PC, the VAIO logo appears, you tap the F10 key, you choose: Reinstall C: \ (warning! You lose all your data). Then you can repeat the creation of recovery discs.

Hello. I just uninstalled a program on my computer and thought that once after you have deleted it, it would be trashed. And I wonder how is it that I can do to recover.?!! I know that you guys should know some way out to sort out this issue.!! So please help me as soon as possible.

Go to toutlesdrivers.com. One such site (Google if application is not good) And an analysis of the system to detect the missing drivers by clicking on "My Drivers" and then you will normally be a small window which will ask permission or not to use specific software that you must install (my config, trick kind) after the installation returns to the pages of detection and it will tell you the pilotte missing and then you can say the name. Maybe even the driver on the site you can download.