Thread: Stock ticker for menu bar?

Stock ticker for menu bar?

Hello friends,
    I am stock broker. I have Macbook pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. I am looking for some kind of application that can show all information about stocks. It means it can show more than AAPL and it will be fully customizable. Can anyone tell me is there any Stock ticker for menu bar available? If yes, then give me information about it.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Stock ticker for menu bar?

You have to use Ticker 3.1 for your mac.
    Ticker downloads stock quotes and displays them in a list.
    * New toolbar and metal look
    * Stock Mode: Shows you how your stocks did today
    * Portfolio Mode: Shows you how your stocks have done since you bought them
    * Unlimited stock list size
    * Open individual stocks into floating windows
    * Color system helps visualize the movement of industry groups
    * Alerts if stock changes by more than a certain percentage
    * Links to Yahoo Finance charts and headlines
    * Version 3.1 is universal binary

Why don't you use TickerMenu to do this. Use TickerMenu to track stock prices in your OS X menubar. Just specify a trading symbol and TickerMenu will update the quote at the interval you choose.
    It has following features.
    • Build a list of the stocks of interest to you. Choose one and TickerMenu will display a stock quote in your menubar, updating it automatically.
    • The quote is color-coded to reflect daily increases (green) or decreases (red) in price, but you can choose a greyscale appearance if you prefer.

You have to use Stox for your mac computer. Manage your stocks and investments with ease. Stox is stock research software that gives you the ability to custom compile charts, view specific market news and load pertinent portfolio reports. It can also track your stock portfolio and work with hundreds of online sources in a simple, single window format that is password protected and stored locally on your computer. Stox is the best tool for stock analysis for the Mac.

I am using Investor/RT for my computer and I think you also use this. Investor/RT Standard is the foundational Investor/RT product, offering the core charting, technical analysis and market monitoring features of the product line. Featuring more than 20 charting types and styles and 130+ built-in technical indicators. The standard edition is an advanced charting system and more. Specialty chart types including Point and Figure, Custom Histogram, Raw Tick, and Three Line Break. The built-in indicator library includes all of the most widely used technical analysis methods, drawing and chart annotation tools, and many specialty indicators. Quotepages, Portfolio Management, Custom Instruments.

As per my knowledge you have to use Stock Menulet for your mac. Stock Menulet sits in your menu bar and monitors stock prices. The font color indicates whether a price is increasing (green) or decreasing (red). Any number of stocks can be monitored, and all the prices are displayed together in a drop-down menu with relevant news items. Click the menulet to change the ticker symbol. Check the header to this page for a static shot of Stock Menulet monitoring the Dow Jones Industrial Averag

You could also try StockMeter. It provides all of the functionality required and a lot more features. From the site,
    About StockMeter
    A realtime stock monitoring and ticker application that allows users to monitor their stocks. It also supports alerts using the Growl framework based on the triggers set by the user.
    Now with support for currency and foreign exchange rates and last 15 minutes graph for stocks. Auto update ensures that the system updates itself with the latest features automatically in the background.

You can download it from the site