Thread: Getting OS X after installing ubuntu

Getting OS X after installing ubuntu

Hello,
    Problem: I installed Ubuntu 9.04, out of curiosity from a specific CD for PPC. After some tests I did, in ALL using SD. Having fiddled the system, I wanted to go back to OS 10.5 ... impossible, either by booting the DVD (kernel panic), reformatting the HDD and installing an OS 10.3-mode target from one of my machines (starting then display inert). I tried everything that twenty years of experience have taught me Mac: Reset PRAM example. Nothing doing. So, if you guys can help me with this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting OS X after installing ubuntu

Hello,
    You boot from ubuntu CD (ie live) and you open a terminal, you are there steps
    sudo gparted and you valid and you have the Linux disk utility. You create a partition to install ubuntu and then an area not allocated to try to then install Mac OS X or you live once again installed ubuntu on a smaller partition dividing with the installer (using gparted) and then leaving an area not allocated for Mac OS X install then, the simplest is perhaps gparted to format the unallocated area in FAT 32 (or even all your DD?): mac and ubuntu on the read and write FAT 32.

OS X at startup after installing ubuntu

Hello,
    Even i did had the same problem but I followed your above post, well it works but simply having used the CD of original Powerbook's not the installation CD or DVD from 10.3 to LEOPARD. Like what, like Confucius would say "experience is a light that illuminates the path." One positive good to know for other owners in my mac cases. Also, if you have any other alternative to this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I used Monolingual, being careful not to turn than what I did not want: fonts very foreign intel system. The results are partly menus in Japanese, Chinese or other arcane language. So, I restart the installation DVD and there rebelote, kernel panic, panic and short elsewhere. Proud of the solution previously found, I slip the DVD into the drive slot.

Hello,
    Here's the solution: it seems that in the maneuvers that you do, a hidden file system startup is erased, probably "automount". A friend was looking this file (made visible by Onyx) in the system a Cube in 03.10. The PowerBook had been on target and he has stuck in the files symmetrical rendered visible on the laptop. The installation has started and completed successfully. I reinstalled Leopard and all is well.