Thread: No Sound on MacBook Pro 15"

No Sound on MacBook Pro 15"

Hello to all,
    I unable to hear any sound from the MacBook Pro 15". It has Mac OS X. I able to hear music with external speakers, but I there is no Sound on MacBook Pro 15". I tried various method to fix this problem, but nothing happened. I don't know why there is no sound from the internal speakers. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: No Sound on MacBook Pro 15"

It seem there is some problem in your Internal speakers and that's why you are getting such type of problem. You have to check whether your Internal speakers are visible in the output menu or not. You can check this in the following ways.
    First go to the preferences -> now go to the Sounds->now on the output menu look out for the Internal speakers -> if you unable to find it, then it means that there is problem in the Internal speakers. You have to repair it to fix this problem.

This happened due to a micro-switch present in the computer. When that switches to digital it doesn't switch back. you have to stimulate that part gently to fix this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
    Use pen or something that fits into that earphone jack. Just insert that pen in to that hole. When you insert that pen into hole red light goes off and your internal speakers will appear in the sound option.
    That's it.

I also had the same problem. I also not able to find Internal speakers in the sound output option. Then I use above method and it works for me. When I insert my pen into that earphone hole red light goes off and internal speakers option available in the sound preference. Now I able to hear sound from my laptop also.

I also had the same problem with my powermac g5. My problem started when I open audacity. I have installed itunes in my computer. My computer's sound disappeared when I open mp3 file with audacity while itunes running in the back ground. Then I restart my computer and then I don't have any problem. I think you also restart your computer to fix this problem.

Dr. V Guest

From your information it seems that your computer's internal speakers does not working properly and that's why you are not able to hear any sound from your computer. In this case you have to repair your internal speakers to fix this problem. Just contact your nearest apple store to fix this problem.

Just joined to say THANKS!! Had this problem with my MacBook and it was driving me crazy .. your advice was an instant fix! I just plugged & removed headphones and all is good.

Cheers